Thread: Detachment
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2003, 04:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
2many2count

Detachment to me.....Hmmm. Well, one thing I do is ignore him when he's had enough to drink and decides to act stupid. Sometimes he cries and wants my attention.....I walk to the bathroom and run a hot bath. I don't like pity parties because he's doing it to himself. Sometimes he tries to pick a fight and you have to have two to argue. Sometimes I get a piece of paper out and pretend I'm writing a letter when actually I'm writing down his every movement and every word then I leave it beside his pillow after he passes out and I never discuss it with him. No matter what. He has to waller in his own crap. I have too much to do around the house with all of the kids to feel sorry for him. I feel sorry for me for having to put up with such STUFF! Hey, painting toenails is fun too. His I mean! I've gotten to the point where I could care less if he's here or not. I love him but I can't fix him. Its too exhausting to try. Detachment works. Its working for me. When they think they have you under their thumb they hurt you the most. When they see you be independent they can't stand it and it makes them think about their own issues.

2many2count