View Single Post
Old 09-28-2006, 06:21 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
elizabeth1979
Acting not reacting

Hey Guy,

Is this the right way to handle this. Is there a right way???
Well, if it was me, I would be tryiong to focus on what role, if any I had in this situation. What she chooses to do, or not do, is her choice. What choice you will make, is yours. So, as to whether its the right way, well its her way/life/words/actions...so not your business, if you know what I mean How your react and/or protect your children..now thats your business.

I have not told the kids I have seen her. I thought it best to see if she would carry through with her decision
I see 2 reasons I would do the same.

1) Be honest and forthcoming with my children about her disease and her stated intentions.
2) To see if she can perform and mean whats she says or say what she means, and not just quack...basically a test.

The trouble with #2 reason is that it would have the potential to be unhealthy for me and the children, and I would be upset if she didnt perform and as a result, hurt my children and myself.

I told her I forgive her and her BF. That I wish her happiness and sobriety. I do not want to stand in her way of reopening a relationship with the kids, but I have to protect them too!

Guy, good for you! I think you are getting to a happier place, Guy and I am happy to see it