View Single Post
Old 09-28-2006, 06:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
ayla zaire

my mother died this year...she was 58 years old...i think it would be easy for me to be angry at god and to wonder if i or she was being punished...but i think that god gives us free will....he allowed her to smoke two packs of cigarettes a day and drink heavily....and we are mortal...
i am no expert but i choose to believe that god loves us and does not judge us in this life....that may come when we reach heaven, i don't know...
jack, i am so sorry for your tragic life... i wish there were words that would give you peace and happiness...having my mother die at 58 i know how very young that is...i miss her horribly every day ...this has been the worst year of my life...i cared for her and it was just aweful...
i want very much to comfort you but i can't seem to find the right words...the only way i get through the day is to pray and ask for peace...i will do the same for you if you don't mind...
jack...there has to have been some good in your life...please try to remember those things when you are so down...and remember that no matter how bad things are for you that they can be better if you have hope...your life is not over...there could still be good things waiting for you...
my dad was raised catholic and i can tell you he has a lot of bitterness also...it is too bad that so many catholics have so much guilt...and anger toward god...his whole family seems to feel the same way...
i do not go to church...but the god i believe in does not punish...or control the evil things that happen in our lives...he only equips us to deal with those things
sorry if this is very long- winded but i want so very much to help.....