View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 07:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
guyinNC

Help! She's Back !!

My STBXW has reappeared! After almost four months with no contact with the kids or her family she showed up in our hometown again. I saw her. She is still drinking, not out of contol, but like she always has.....maintenance. She said she has been trying to get her courage up to call the kids, She says she has been ashamed and felt terrible for not calling them.

She is planning on dropping off gifts for the kids while they are not at home tomorrow along with a letter apologizng for her behavior. She is also leaving her a phone number for them to call her, if they want to.

Is this the right way to handle this. Is there a right way???

I have not told the kids I have seen her. I thought it best to see if she would carry through with her decision.

She is then planning on going back to her rehab BF and then perhaps home to her parents for awhile. It sound like he is not in very good health. Liver problems of some sort.

I told her I forgive her and her BF. That I wish her happiness and sobriety. I do not want to stand in her way of reopening a relationship with the kids, but I have to protect them too!

Comments welcome!