Thread: Detachment
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2003, 09:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
snoopy
Paused

This is detachment to me.
One night my AH wanted me to take him to the beach , which is about 2 hours away. We had alot of friends who were there and he wanted to go and party. Well, I said I had alot of homework (college). and I wasn't going to go, but he was more than welcome to go . Well, He called everyone in our phone book to see if they wanted to go and to take him. No one wanted to. So , again he came in begging me to take him. I said after a couple of times. I am not going to take you, I have to much work to do. Please, don't ask me again. Well, He decided to give me a guilt trip. How my work was more important than him. Blah, blah , blah. I use to give in and I would have probably taken him. Knowing that, he would have gotten there already drunk and continued to drink until passing out. I asked him to please leave the room. (He was in the computer rm. bugging me) . And to quit giving me a guilt trip.

Shortly after that he went to the living rm. and an hour or two later he passed out. And I went to bed with mixed feeling of should I have taken him? And he was a little mad the next day. But, he got over it. And I felt good knowing that I did that for me. And maybe next time He will know that I am not going to give in. It felt like the right thing to do. NOt giving into something, that you don't want to do. I felt strong and more confident. We didn't have a big fight. I was calm on the outside in telling him. Although, I felt so mad on the inside. Anyway, just thought I would share. I am also very new a detachment. This was just one of the first. .................. Snoopy