Thread: Detachment
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2003, 06:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lyn_blossom78

Detachment

OK, I don't follow instructions very well, and need some help!

When I sew a pattern, I am so much better at looking at the pictures than reading every little detail to figure out how to put a garment together. Perhaps some of you are the same way?!?

Well, I'm having a hard time figuring out how "exactly" to detach. I've read about it, and it all sounds well and good until I find myself in the thick of a "situation".

So, I'm pleading with you all, who have practiced detaching longer than I have, to give me examples. I thought we could make this a fun thread, if we make it a little comical. Then, perhaps some of us that have not detached for as long can try a few examples and see if we are on target.

Tiny stories, is what I'm talking about (I don't really need pics, unless you happen to know of some) stories explaining "exactly" what detaching is, and how to do it.

I've been reading Melody Beattie's Co-Dependant No More, and I'm in the detaching chapter. It says detaching is not a cold, unloving way to do it, but that that may be the only way you can detach in the beginning. I'm hoping to avoid the mistakes, if you know what I mean!

Any ideas?

Lyn