View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 05:23 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
CatsTail

Hi TexasGirl,

Originally Posted by TexasGirl
...moved into my apartment that is. I rented my own U-Haul truck, loaded everything out of storage, and lugged it up to the third floor apartment! Well, except the couch, bed, and TV. I was dragging my box springs down the sidewalk and trying to shove it up the stairs when some poor neighbor took pity on me and finished off my big furniture.

I could be wrong but this paragraph here seems to be loaded with a lot of manipulation. How can he say he's changed, maybe in his mind he has but has he been in meetings,is he working steps? We change when we are in a program and working it.

Also if he had truly changed and wasn't trying to manipulate you it seems to me he would leave you one calm message with something intelligent to say respect your space and give you time to get yourself together to call him back.

By calling and calling he's hoping that he can win you over through words not actions.

He keeps calling me, leaving voicemails swearing he's changed, but I guess the proof is in the pudding. I feel a little twinge of guilt, but not enough to turn around. I can tell he's really not drinking for now, but how many times did I post that he said he was quitting, and I was wondering if he was serious??? You must remember all of those!!! He keeps saying, "But I never thought you would actually leave me! I thought I was doing enough financially that I didn't have to do anything else, but now I know different. I'm going to treat you so good!!"

*sigh* It's still pretty sad.....but I'm doing good...

Anyways, good luck in your new place. Maybe it's time to work on dependency issues. I know for me I've reache dthat point in my life to deal with my dependency issues.

Ngaire