View Single Post
Old 09-04-2006, 10:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Phinneas

Originally Posted by GLAMACHIC
...even the gp told him that residential rehab is like a holiday away but the only difference is that everyone is in the same boat, and its like going to school. you go to classes to educate yourself as to why and how about drugs...
Hey, GLAMACHIC. Thanks for the great news! I agree with what the gp says above!

Here in the States, treatment can be for 28 days or longer depending on the program. They are really individual and different here and I have no idea how the system in Australia works, unfortunately.

I do know that it is an excellent way to start a clean and sober life. I also know plenty of people that got and STAYED clean and sober by just going to NA and/or AA meetings and really working an honest program of recovery. There is no right way, IMO, so it is a good idea to find a way that will work best for the individual. If he is really ready and motivated, no matter what program he choses, he will be successful. Meaning, I believe it is more about the person's willingness than it is about the particular program of recovery s/he chooses.

I also recommend you post this in the Naranon forum here at SR. People over there may have some good input as well. Here's the link -

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/nar-anon/

Good luck and great to see you again!