View Single Post
Old 09-04-2006, 10:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
GLAMACHIC

about residential rehabilitation

hi everyone,

hope everyone is well.. im not sure if this is the right place to post this question ...

for all who remember me .. i have a brother who was addicted to drugs...we found out it was heroin...as we speak/type he is at home doing detox ..we are alll so very very happy and proud of him...

we are now in the position where we have to speak to him about going to residential rehabilitation...he seems to have a form of fear of being locked away in a fishtank for months on end..this is not so..

this is where my question enters....can u guys please give me some information about as to why drug addicts need to have this form of rehabilitation and why it is for a minimum of 3 months...just so that i can print it out and show him so he can read it for himself...

he has been to see a psychiatrist and even the gp told him that residential rehab is like a holiday away but the only difference is that everyone is in the same boat, and its like going to school. you go to classes to educate yourself as to why and how about drugs...

any help is so appreciated...thanks everyone....

peace be with you all!

glamachic