Old 07-18-2003, 09:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Rainy

To all, thank you for sharing your thoughts--I agree about a compromise. The fact that he wants to talk more about it with our counselor shows me he his thinking about my feelings, too (????). I can understand his wanting to be closer to support groups and meetings. The fact that he asked me how I felt rather than ‘told’ me this IS the way it’s going to be was another positive.

Jojo, you’re right when you said he was understanding of my needs and comfort level when we moved out to the country. He was, and although he’s always liked being there, it wouldn’t have been his first choice. He did that for me, knowing what a huge change this was compared to where I had grown up. In my opinion, now he is being honest with me about where his comfort level is and as his wife, I need to take that into consideration. Thank you.

Katie, I agree with you that there is no one more selfish than an alcoholic. But, when do we let go of old resentments and feelings and believe that what they are doing now in recovery is in their best interest to stay sober? Remember he didn’t tell me this was how it was going to be, he started by asking me to consider it and then explained his reasons why. He also told me if I was completely against it, he would not push the matter any further. I just want to make sure that whatever we do it is for the right reasons. I appreciate your input though, and I can relate to what you said.

Happy Friday to all!