View Single Post
Old 08-28-2006, 11:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mygirls_mylife

first hurricane w/out alcohol!!!

Well, me thinks it is gonna head our way. They have already mandated a short day tomorrow for schools and no school on wed. AHHHHHHH the joy. I walked up to the supermarket with my daughter. NO SHOPPING CARTS. AAARGH. LOL I got in line to pay and behind me was a guy with like 3 cases of beer, I told my daughter (she's 2), he's stocking up for the hurricane. I looked at the guy and he grinned and nodded.

Last year, SO WAS I. Bottle of vodka and mixers 1 case of beer and a 12 pack of smirnoff beverages. I figured that was enough til at leasta convenience store could open back up and we could get more beer. I tell ya, I became a little heiffer when the spongy neighbor came over and then didnt want to drink the beer I had gotten for the guys; he wanted my stuff. GROWL!!!!! Back off!!

I am so grateful to not have to waste my money on that stuff right now. I can actually concentrate on flashlights, batteries, the essential stuff, ya know. Before the vodka WAS my essentials.

Pray for Cuba they are getting it right now, its only a tropical storm but still. Pray for Florida hope its nothing big.