View Single Post
Old 08-26-2006, 12:41 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
clancy
Im Ok - youre OK

My opinion is that recovery IS addictive.....I saw my friend do her 90 meetings in 90 days...thats almost as unrealistic OTT using.....Her life is NA now...all her mates are NA...shes there everynight.Boyfriend is long gone.....Kids never see mom...She has the 'thousand yard smile, the glazed eyes (not Kidding)and she is like a doll where you pull the string in the back of her neck and she says 'keep it simple stupid' or 'let go and let God'.....she has NO other topic of conversation....she is scary.Ive been to enough meetings(6 or7)to know it was just another crutch, damaging in its own ways.AA, NA, SMART RR all havea15%sucess rate.unimpressive huh?There is unbelilivable bitching an politics going on too.
The biggest success rate is for those who go it alone, contrary to pop belief. (if this stat pains you,Check it out thru the web.)Some people really hate to hear that,Dont know why, unless its a case of 'my dogs better than your dog' arent humans stoopid sometimes?

I think studying 12 step groups would make for a great anthropological phd! bet someones done it...would be facinating reading huh?