View Single Post
Old 08-24-2006, 12:03 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
FallGirl

i can totally relate to that. i would use any excuse i could think of to drink. if something good happened, if something bad happened, then it got to the point where i was really reaching for an excuse, "the f***ing mail is late! where's my beer!"
(well not that bad but you know what i mean)

now when i feel a trigger coming on i do something. go for a walk, work in the yard, or clean the house. it's funny because over the past couple of weeks - my kitchen has never been cleaner! the one thing i don't do is go for a drive, because i know i'll stop at a store and by beer - grocery shopping has been a little more difficult lately!
this is kind of off topic, but has anyone out there been in denial about drinking beer? i was in denial for the longest because i prefer beer - i thought "i'm not an alcoholic because i don't drink liquor, just beer!" - uh, yeah.

Oncenice - it helps to identify your triggers, and if you think one might happen, or you might be in a difficult situation, to make a plan for dealing with it. i know sometimes they just sneak up on you - but it helps to try to vent-out in other ways!

Stay Strong!

FallGirl