Old 08-24-2006, 08:12 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  
janeeyre

Oh dear, C'est & Max. I'm sorry you two are being hit with some of life's junk right now! I will pray for STRENGTH for you both to get through all the "little" annoyances with your sense of humor & hope intact.

Max, your poor arm! How do you feel today? Hang in there, buddy.

C'est, I would be pretty cranky without hot water, too. I hope it's working again by now.

Aw, Little Penguin--don't be embarrassed to share stuff here! I'm glad to read your posts and get to know you better. And we're ALL "oddballs" together.

Dreamz, you and your pup are so cute! Is Jingle a beagle? Maybe a basset hound? (I have a beagle and a greyhound, and just love them to pieces.) And WAY TO GO getting past that darn craving! You did it! And you really inspire me. You showed wonderful strength there.

I'm OK today, but think I'm coming down with a cold. My husband has had a whopper of a cold for the past few days, and my sons are catching it, too. Ugh. Believe it or not, our BEAGLE seems to have a cold, too, the poor little guy! (I hope it's not that canine influenza that's been going around--they recently put down all the dogs at a nearby animal shelter due to an outbreak of it. TOO sad.)

Well, I need to quit "awfulizing" this. With any luck, the rest of the family won't be as sick as my poor hubby was, and my daughter is healthy, so that's good. And our little beagle is a young, healthy dog so even if he does have that cruddy influenza he'll likely come through it just fine. So far, the greyhound is as healthy as ever. (Positivity in action...) Things could be a lot worse, and they aren't--so LIFE'S GOOD!

Also, one good thing about my catching a cold is that it totally removes the craving for alcohol. Even during the years I was at my alcoholic worst, whenever I had a cold or some other garden variety illness, I never wanted a drink. Kinda like a temporary safety net, huh?

Well, I hope ALL of you HATZers have a good day/night. You are all strong & admirable people.

Take care,
Jane