View Single Post
Old 08-23-2006, 01:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
FallGirl

Don't know what to do

we got a call this morning, a really good friend of my husbands passed away late last night. i really didn't know this guy very well, but my husband has known him since they were kids, and needless to say he's hurting alot right now.
my problem is, when something like this happens, my husband doesn't talk, and pretty much pushes me away. 3 years ago his moms partner had cancer and passed away (she had been in hubby's life since he was 12 - he's 43 now) and it was the same thing, he doesn't speak to me, just tells me he doesn't want to talk, and then barely glances at me for days.
I know that everyone grieves differently, so part of me feels like i'm being selfish, but then i also think we're married, been together for 7 years - WHY IS HE PUSHING ME AWAY!? at this point i don't even know how his friend died - just that he's gone.
hubby just left for work, and will probably come home early tonight - before i go to bed - and i don't know what to do - any advice out there?
on a much more selfish note, i feel a serious "trigger" coming on, i'm feeling rejected, hurt, and a little bit angry - which in the past was a definate excuse for reaching for a beer :uzi2:

FallGirl