Old 08-22-2006, 08:30 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  
Jersey Nonny
Old & Sober Member of AA

Thumbs up

OOOH!!! I'll never be able to remember all the great things said here today (in order to respond)...so, I'll just do my best, and hope the rest of you will understand and forgive the omission.

Scotty...it was told to me many years ago, take what you need and leave the rest. I used to go to a meeting in one of the worst sections of Newark where every other word was the "F" one...it really bothered me, too. But, there was such good sobriety there, I learned to overlook in order to get the benefit of their experience, strength, and hope.

CLV...don't worry about the edginess...just keep thinking "This, too, shall pass." I think it's quite the norm to feel that way in early sobriety. I never knew the meaning of "free-floating anxiety" until I quit drinking!!! WOW!!!

Max...you naughty boy, you. I get out of circulation for a while, and you get "crazy" again. What am I going to do with you...except love you back to sobriety! Enough with the "grand experiments" already...there...consider yourself properly chastised! I've missed you...good to see you made it back to the fold...we never hear about those who don't, you know. Mamma Rae

DREAMZ..."Contribution"! A really good one, because sometimes the only thing we're capable of is just showing up...but, that is enough in and of itself. If no one showed up...here or at meetings...there'd be nothing to show up for!!!

I just love you guys...my fellow HATZ'ers. Thanks for all the good contributions today. I really needed this!!!