View Single Post
Old 08-20-2006, 03:00 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
aasharon90

I guess im still in that vain stage. Im so vain...if im saying that right. For example, at my job, im in Customer Service at my local grocery store here in Houston. H.E.B. Pantry....Anyway....or in other words....im not a Cashier but rather a "Bagger". I bag the groceries when u come to check out. I ask u if ud like paper or plastic. I chit chat with you, may give u a hug if i feel close to you, ask you if ud like a carryout. I'll even play and talk with ur kids so u can conscentrate on paying.

Do I love my job? YOU BET. Do I appreciate my job position? YOU BET I DO. Do i think my position is just as important as other positions? YOU BET I DO.

Some days i find myself as the ONLY Bagger from 8am to 3pm. My other duties are to also pick up carts in whatever weather it is outside.....so if the heat index is 104, im out there.

When im by myself doing all my duties and bagging for 3 or 4 cashiers....I certainly think im important. I like feeling important...needed and wanted.

Do i get that feeling from my co-workers and management....shhhh....na.

Just cause i think my position is important they refuse to give me a raise. : (

The rule at my store is u have to move into another position in order to get a raise. My stubborness is keeping me where i am because i APPRECIATE my job and position.

They tell me they can get anyone to bag groceries....NOT..! Bagging to me is like an art.....placing the groceries in the cart is like puttin a puzzle together. Bagging is a natural talent i have. and I LOVE IT. : )

You should see how others bag....it's AWEFUL. Customers appreciate it when i take that extra attention to their groceries to make sure their eggs, chips and bread are handled with care.

You come to me and I'll take care of u. : )

Am I important? Or is it because i love the attention? Will anyone remember Sharon that bags groceries at H.E.B? I doubt it. : (

But u know what....i do care, but i dont...im doing something i enjoy and its like service work. I have had many to want to tip me and i refuse it....only because I so ENJOY helping my customers....

Only in the Eye's of my HP do I want to please.

Thanks for letting me share.