Thread: Mom called
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2003, 07:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Fisher
Paused

Mom called

So my mom left the sober house she was in after only a week. She never told us she wasn't going back, but when my aunt called to talk to her, the lady told her mom had been using again and wasn't returning. We didn't know where she was for a few days until I woke up yesterday morning to 5 messages on the machine. She must have called in the middle of the night but because we had the bedroom door closed and the AC on we didn't hear it ring. Anyway, mom was hysterical crying...saying "Krissy, please come get me...I need you....help" Five messages just like that.....she didn't even leave a number to call until the last two messages.

I called the number when I woke up but no one answered so I left a message. She would only call me, her oldest child, or her sister and we're both waiting for another call. I just don't know what to do if and when she calls back. I hate the thought of her being sooo upset, it kills me. I wish I could do something. But I can't really take her in and just take care of her cause I feel like that is avoiding the problem. If she calls again I guess I will just have to make it clear that I can offer her a ride to detox and that is it.

To top it off my husband is in the navy and he left to go out to sea for a few months today. He is my rock and really the only one I talk to about it all. So now I'm home alone...worrying about where my mother is and missing my hubby. Blegh!