Old 08-17-2006, 07:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
NEEDTOBESOBER

I went through the same thing and they gave me two choices as a plea bargain, the first was 2 yrs probations, 5 days in jail, put breathalizer device in my car, take a long repeat offender's class, go to probation officer once a month and get drug tested, have a drug and alcohol evaluation and they make you pay for all of these things which comes out to costing a lot of money or spend 2 weeks in jail and 1 year license suspension which for me turned into 2 year suspension because I refused the breathalizer and I am in Texas and they call it DWI here and I dont know where you live but some states are harder on you than others, I also had a lawyer, if I didnt it could have been a lot worse, so you should try to get a good lawyer if you can afford it. so I chose the second because I couldnt afford all the money and other stuff cause of all the time I would have to spend plus if I screwed up on the probation, they could give me up to 6 months in jail and didnt want to risk that either. Good luck to you , I hope you get the lightest possible outcome possible. Anne