View Single Post
Old 08-15-2006, 12:00 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Bobbybanned

Hey Scott

Originally Posted by here somewhere
It seems that humor and socializing don't mix well with recovery. Like prying open a can of paint with a screwdriver; sure you can do it that way, but theres a special tool for that job. I guess I was mis-using these forums. I guess I should "toe the line" a bit more, and not try to turn this into something a little more fun than it usually is. I should remember that this isn't some kind of social forum, but a serious place where people come to seek help for serious problems. I hope I didn't offend anyone.
Hey Scott,
I disagree with you a bit here. I am not at all challenging you, just asking you to reconsider your point of view. I am very new here. (About 2 or 3 weeks) and in that short time I have witnessed a great deal of socializing. As a matter of fact, I have made a couple of fantastic (virtual) friends. I am getting a great deal out of this. I have also witnessed posts that people placed with the expectation of getting a laugh. These forums are for having fun and socializing and yes, as you said, to seek help for serious problems. All of which contribute to the agenda of recovery. The whole idea is that we are amongst those who can understand and relate to us. Its all good my brother, all of it. So, stick around, make friends. But you know, its like every one said through out the posts on this thread, know your motives.

Bobby