View Single Post
Old 08-15-2006, 08:38 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  
Dom
Inspired

Thanks very much for the recent posts! Reading each one makes me smile.

Someday - a lot has happened since I made my first post here. All of you guys are the main reason I have changed. The threads here made me realize I was about to lose control over my life. In a sense, I did "dump" my friends. I haven't hung out with them since I decided to stop. I only see 2 friends, at the gym, after our workout we go our seperate ways.

I still care about my friends a lot, but now I know that it's okay to be selfish. I know what is best for ME, and I am staying on that path.

Today is 30 days for me, no use, not even a sip of alcohol. Some days are harder than others, but I concentrate on doing the RIGHT thing, and that saves me from doing anything stupid.

Anxiety has always been a problem in my life, infact, I even have written proof of anxiety when I was in the 8th grade, about 12 years old. It's a daily struggle that most recently has gotten worse (panic attacks 3 days in a row, sharp pains in my stomach/chest, following by sweating/feeling sick and heavy breathing). I'm going to work with my therapist on getting over it.

A relapse for me is unacceptable. I want to make this a bad memory, and hopefully laugh about it someday.