View Single Post
Old 08-14-2006, 07:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
miss communicat

Hi ****,

In addition to what others have already said about drunk dreams, my experience (personally as well as professionally) is that, as a person detoxes from the deeper cellular level, old stored toxins are being eliminated.

That cellular memory has physical, chemical, electromagnetic, emotional, as well as mental aspects, so, as it leaves your experience (ie: as it leaves your body + mind) it comes up to, and passes, the surface layers of consciuosness and sub-consciousness, which is what dreaming represents.

As Levi reiterated, dreams may be a state of mind where unresolved conflicts are viewed, and as I am suggesting, dreams may also be a viewing arena for old cellular content to be made more conscious. Both lead to the same place: integration, healing , wholeness.

Its been helpful for me to observe all this "content" and resultant inner feelings and approach it as a healthy response to the phonomenom of detox, without attaching to, or following, any of them. Like a witness.

It also helps to trust the process of healing and recovery and to expect ups and downs along the way. Kind of like waking life.

I do remember the feelings of guilt and panic though as if I actually HAD drank the night before. In a way, this negative yucky feeling confirmed in yet one more way the desire to be free of the cycle of mental struggles.

Sobriety is a daily practice. Take good care of yourself!