View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 07:21 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Lollipop

Thank You All from the bottom of my heart!!!!! Yesterday was so hard. I did wake up with a headache, I think it was partially from the beer and partially from all the crying. How I found out was the hardest part.....
I stopped in at his Dads jewelry store yesterday morning on my way to see him, his Dad wasnt there, one of the girls that works there told me that he had left just 30 minutes before I got there because they had called from hospice to say Kurt wasnt going to make it much longer. I immediately called over at hospice to let them know I was on my way and the nurse informed me that I was too late, Kurt had already passed. I crumpled to the floor in hysterics right there in the middle of the jewelry store. Not a very good scene to say the least. I am trying to stay strong, I am trying to keep busy, but I would love to just curl up and sleep and wake up to find it was all a bad dream. I know better. Reality is that I just have to let time heal my wounds and learn to adjust to life without him. He is in a better place and no longer fighting, for that I am thankful. I am sure I will have moments, like this morning, I walked out on my patio and there sits his grill........... we had brought it down on the 4th of July. The only food he ever ate off that grill, hubby cooked for him. Funny, the things you think about that never seemed important before.

I am back to being sober, I got my rage out in a much needed rant last night. Now it is time to buckle down and get things done! I will be going shopping this afternoon, I want new clothes for the services, and hubby is a pall barrer so we are going to be busy. I will be on Im sure but when I am not, please dont worry, I am sober!!!!

Love Liss