Old 07-09-2003, 06:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
WifeOfMeth
Paused

No Wonder I felt so comfortable with him.

When I met my husband I knew he had issues with alcohol and drugs in his past. He had just got custody of his 3 year old daughter (Now she is almost 11). I thought he had made a life choice not to do drugs and live a good life. His dad was a alcoholic but kept a job while drinking.
Silly me, I thought a drink every so often wouldnt be a big deal. My dad is a recovered aloholic and it took allot to loose but he has been sober for about 9 years. I know my limitations on drinking and I know I could easily replace stress with an easy drink or pill.
I found out about 6 weeks ago my husband has been on meth for... heaven knows how long. He has been in an Intensive outpatient program ever since. He didnt want his family seeing the drink in his hand all the time. I just figured for a long time he had a bad spending habit and a major chemical embalance.
Im mad at myself now and try so hard not to blame myself for accepting that life is just suppose to be this challengeing. I dont want to be in denial but I cant help thinking I put myself in this spot and it is just as much my fault. Maybe I secretly attracted this kind of person... Is that why I love him and can accept whatever happens next?