View Single Post
Old 08-03-2006, 04:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
upanddownjj
One Day At A Time

Yippee !! I feel Better Today

Yesterday I had to take my exbf (stroke-victim) grocery shopping..I actually felt better after getting myself out of bed.. I even woke up feeling better today (my Shrink called & has a Cancellation for me tomorrow)..I got myself out and across to the beach with the dog this am..(Oh well hi tide - not much of a beach - but I went)..gave dog a bath with hose)..and now I'm back here...I think I'm getting addicted to SR, but It is so nice to read everyone's posts and learn that I am not alone with my Dual Diagnosis...I am ashamed to talk about it at AA, and my Dr's support group is full of pple not in recovery, who need to be (excuse my judgement)
I have the same overwhelming load as I did yesterday, but somehow I am able to not dwell on it..I guess it is because I have hope - the Dr. is back - usually see him weekly (free medical) and he's been away for a month.
My brain chemistry may also be better...
But it just might be that I felt well long enuf this am to get my butt out of the house in the sunshine...
I think I would do a lot better if I could have that window of opportunity every day..waking up positive & staying there long enuf to get going....
Glad you are all here !!

xoxo Janni