View Single Post
Old 07-08-2003, 03:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
PianoGirl
Paused

Doubts or confidence?

Hey everyone,

I have been sober now for over 2 months. And to tell the honest truth, I have to say it's not been as hard as I THOUGHT it would be. I had a tremendous and horrific time going through detox - enough so, that even the smell of alcohol NOW makes me sick to my stomach. How could I now hate something I once loved so much? Am I being nieve since I've only a baby when it comes to my length of sobriety? I'm not meaning to sound overconfident or anything, because that's the first thing I don't want to become. But, I always expected that my love for alcohol would just contiune on and on. Now, I view it as an enemy, and I can't stand the thoughts of drinking it anymore.

Have any of you felt this way? What about you guys that have been sober for long periods of time? Does it ever become easy to let yourself get a little too overconfident in your sobriety? How do you handle it? I'm ok for now, but what about in the future when something really traumatic or stressful presents itself? Will it be so easy then? I hardly think so. Any comments are welcome.

PianoGirl:skiptrip:
"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."