View Single Post
Old 08-02-2006, 09:34 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
godsonmyside
Vision of Hope

Todd, yes this is my opinion and I realize everyone has one. THe bulletin that you stated was fellowship approved, never was taken to a vote, it was simply a survey and half the regions didn't participate, so I'd say that the bulletins are simply opinions also. Show me in the literature where it says "special interest meetings are okay to have" so that I can put the issue to rest.
So twist it up some turn it this way some. Show me were it says that special intrest meetings a violation. You can't grft a new idea on a closed-mind! If it helps just one addict, the need was for the GREATER Good.

The choice of membership rests with the individual. We feel the ideal state for our fellowship exists when addicts can come freely and openly to an N.A. meeting, whenever and wherever they choose, and leave just as freely if they want.
If a memeber does choose not to attend a "Special Intrest Group, fine, but, it is stll NOT a violation of Traditions. If you want to find out more show up, if you haven't been, what can you really say. Non-existing virtue.

THe bulletin that you stated was fellowship approved, never was taken to a vote, it was simply a survey and half the regions didn't participate, so I'd say that the bulletins are simply opinions also.
It is still a colective conscience, An Adhoc Committee apointed for the soul purpose to inform the Fellowship.

We have heard the phrase "principles before personalities" so often that it is like a cliche. While we may disagree as individuals, the spiritual principle of anonymity makes us all equal as members of the group. No member is greater or lesser than any other member. The drive for personal gain in the areas of sex, property and social position, which brought so much pain in the past, falls by the wayside if the principle of anonymity is adhered to.
The ones who are violating the Traditions are the ones running around sauying whats right and wrong passing along Misinformation, Not leaving their personal Agenda at home.

Peace,
Todd J.