View Single Post
Old 08-01-2006, 06:59 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Gooch

oh yeah .. special interests groups .. I liked the part about the autonomy of the group playnig into the decisions to have SIG's. I also liked Blake's question about special issues being best served by sponsorship, however taking into account that there are those members of NA who can't find an appropriate sponsor to deal with their special interests, or those who balk at sponsorship until they are absolutely ready to trust someone. i've been to meetings of special interests groups and was made to feel welcome as any meeting I've ever attended. I also found that I could relate to the feelings expressed even if I never had any experience with the particular area of focus.

My understanding of the intent is that as long as the groups primary purpose is upheld, the autonmomy of the group allows for a meeting format of it's choice. In as long as no addict is ever intentionally made to feel separate or unwelcome at any meeting, there is nothing in the traditions that indicates a special interest group is in violation.

It is the individual misinterpretation of how to apply spiritual traditions that causes all conflict ......... because spiritual principles are never in conflict.

Look on the bright side if we didn't have any spirit we wouldn't be able to get into these conflicts. We are way better off than back in the days when our lack of spirit was causing all the conflicts.