SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class Of December 2013 - Part 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/316499-class-december-2013-part-2-a.html)

Dee74 12-16-2013 03:46 PM

Class Of December 2013 - Part 2

last part here :

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post4350936

BlueSkiesAB 12-16-2013 07:00 PM

Why do we feel so guilty the day after we drink? What is that?? I am on day two of feeling bad and I can't shake it. Sucks.

Dee74 12-16-2013 07:05 PM

I think deep down we know we can do better?

D

Babs78756 12-16-2013 08:21 PM

That us a really good question blueskies... I often wonder why I am crushed under the weight of my guiltys... Like the depression that follows drinking is it more than just an emotional response, an actual physiological thing?

Vickylou 12-16-2013 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by BlueSkiesAB (Post 4351308)
Why do we feel so guilty the day after we drink? What is that?? I am on day two of feeling bad and I can't shake it. Sucks.

It's strange isn't it? I was at a work Christmas party on Friday. While I was there I was drunk but still remember most of the night - didn't think I'd had any inappropriate conversations or did anything inappropriate but I woke with crushing guilt. One of the reasons I'm back here is because is just can't live like that any more - it's so painful isn't it?

Vickylou 12-16-2013 10:10 PM

Day 3 and woke this morning at 3.45am and couldn't get back off to sleep. Hope this doesn't last too long! Either way it's better than waking with a hangover. Hope everyone has a great day.
V

Beanie25 12-16-2013 11:07 PM

Day 4. Quite early in these parts..and actually got some sleep yay! Wish I could fast forward a bit. Have a good day Decembers.

Soberella66 12-17-2013 12:55 AM

Day 15 at a close and will be starting tomorrow not still drunk, or with a massive hangover and with a clear conscience! Doesn't sound like alot but it truly is a gift for someone who figuratively hit herself on the head with a hammer many many times for many years.
For those having a hard time, here is a wonderful saying I like the most:
'If you're going through Hell, keep going'.

Vickylou 12-17-2013 01:03 AM

Congrats Soberella (love the UN!) hope to continue this journey and be as sober as you in 11 days time :You_Rock_

Soberella66 12-17-2013 01:19 AM

Thanks Vickylou, :You_Rock_ as well! Stay strong! You can do it! :ring

captb 12-17-2013 03:52 AM

16 days of the best life I've had in years. Not really having any cravings anymore unless I see a drink of which my mind apperantley triggers the same neurological response as seeing the the most beautiful woman in the world. It is almost like the glass has control of the tendons in my eyes. I carry on a conversation and never stop looking at the glass. I wouldn't drink it if you poured it on me but there is still that mind control. I assume this will fade sooner or later. The one thing that scares me, is I almost daily think about how to drink again without loosing control. For years I have made a lot of beer, wine and spirits and got real good at it. I have thousands of dollars in tool and equipment for making these. I don't know what to do with it all. We'll I know what to do with it all but.... Dee please break my heart and put me back in my place!

joyousone 12-17-2013 05:14 AM

Start of day 8 for me. Finally slept past 5 am first time in a week! Alot of my guilt came from the fact that it was my "secret". Aside from you people only one person on this whole earth knew and I only spoke to her once. I was literally dying inside, trying to carry on to everyone that I know that I was fine. All the while drinking wine nite after nite, waking up in emotional hell, not remembering going to sleep etc. I drank alone. Just little old me and my bottle. Today Christmas shopping with my granddaughter! Have good day all. Thank you SR.

Neverthought 12-17-2013 05:32 AM

Hello All,

I hope everyone is doing well.

I had a conscious slip over the weekend. So, back at day (1).

The winter storm got to me. I believe it was a trigger. That's what I've done for all of these years when we would get a winter storm.

However, I'm going to recover quickly. This is a first!

Babs78756 12-17-2013 06:17 AM

Day 10 for me. Feeling pretty good. I'm shocked at the amount of energy I have. I made a list of all the things I want/need to do over the holidays and I'm excited about checking things off. Lots of things around the house that need to get done and I'm hopeful, it will be done.

Last Friday someone posted 'actions become thoughts,' that stuck to me like glue. That's been my greatest problem - I think too much. You know like in the movie Spanglish, when Tea Leoni sighs and says 'what am I going to do about me....???' I'm trying to live the action everyday and not think too much, until it becomes natural.

We're doin' it! Stringing it together.

Onward!!

Gingerale4me 12-17-2013 07:41 AM

Working on day 3 today. I totally agree with BlueskiesAB on the whole "day after drinking guilt" thing. I'm finally working through it and feeling pretty good this morning. Instead of wallowing in the guilt, though, I'm trying to use it as a motivating force to staying on the right track. The more I accomplish the better I'm feeling. :Squat:

Cara39 12-17-2013 07:48 AM

Day 18 today.

Felt quite down when I woke up this morning which surprised me. I had a dream last night that I was drinking beer and I felt strange about it, almost guilty.

Off work today so trying to just take it easy and be nice to myself so I'm hoping that this sadness will pass but I won't let it interfere with my sobriety, I've worked too hard for that.

Hope you are all doing ok, on some days the road seems very long!

dig 12-17-2013 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Cara39 (Post 4352178)
Day 18 today.

Felt quite down when I woke up this morning which surprised me. I had a dream last night that I was drinking beer and I felt strange about it, almost guilty.

Off work today so trying to just take it easy and be nice to myself so I'm hoping that this sadness will pass but I won't let it interfere with my sobriety, I've worked too hard for that.

Hang in there Cara! You have a great support resource here and it's certainly healthier to let it out here instead of at the local bar or liquor store ;)

I got a gift basket from work yesterday and in it was a big bottle of cream whiskey. I felt guilty receiving the gift :S

But lets take some good away from this, I decided to regift the bottle to our neighbour who has been incredible to our family and a great support during my time off from cancer surgery.

And for you, it's better to dream about the stuff then actually be drinking it here in the real world!!!

BlueSkiesAB 12-17-2013 10:24 AM

Hello to everyone. So, my last day of drinking was Saturday night. Sunday I was horribly hung over. Does that count as day 1 or does Monday count as day 1? Still feeling terribly guilty. Wish I could shake that feeling. It is what brings me here though so maybe it's not a bad thing... just wish it didn't make me feel so crappy. Day 3 of headache as well. Not sure if I am feeding of my hubby, who says he has had a chronic headache since Saturday night (I think it was a direct jab at my getting loaded at the party). We have avoided any real conversation since the party Sat. He knew I was going to have a drink. I think he is pissed at me because I had 5 glasses of wine and not just 1. My bad. I know. I actually didn't intend to get drunk but I did. I have drank more than that in the past to get drunk so I was a bit surprised when I woke up Sunday and couldn't remember the drive home (not good)! In fact, I don't know if I fell asleep the whole way or if we had conversation ..... ya ... also not good. The last thing I want to do is ask him what I said!! He has spoken to me very little since Sunday morning. That sure has tripled my guilty conscience (even though he knew I was going to drink.). Any way, I am thankful that I can come online here and vent and talk to you all. It really does help break the silence somewhat. Back to work now.

Cara39 12-17-2013 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by dig (Post 4352316)
Hang in there Cara! You have a great support resource here and it's certainly healthier to let it out here instead of at the local bar or liquor store ;)

I got a gift basket from work yesterday and in it was a big bottle of cream whiskey. I felt guilty receiving the gift :S

But lets take some good away from this, I decided to regift the bottle to our neighbour who has been incredible to our family and a great support during my time off from cancer surgery.

And for you, it's better to dream about the stuff then actually be drinking it here in the real world!!!

Thanks dig and good on you regifting the bottle. You stayed strong and made someone feel good all in one go!
:tyou

Vickylou 12-17-2013 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Cara39 (Post 4352178)
Day 18 today.

Hi Cara - I felt sad and emotional last night. Tired from not sleeping, ill with a nasty cold. I ended up having a really good cry - a snotty, heaving cry which left me feeling so relieved. It came to me that usually I would have had a bottle or two of wine rather than letting the emotions run through me like that. I guess it's a healthy thing. Congratulations on your 18 days x