Notices

Class Of December 2013

Old 12-10-2013, 05:41 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Hi everyone I was with the class of October although didn't post much in there. Last week after 2 months of constant toothache (I know, no excuse really) I caved in and had a bottle of vodka. Not proud of myself but had got to the point where painkillers weren't helping. Anyhow, after 3 doses of antibiotics, had the tooth out this morning (tues) and am starting over with a new resolve
Look forward to getting to know you all Xx
Old 12-10-2013, 05:41 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Welcome guys!! it all starts with a Day 1!!
Old 12-10-2013, 05:52 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Checking in on day 6. This has been the most difficult week of my life. Hoping for some more resolution tomorrow and resulting peace of mind. My life has improved since I am taking better care of myself, but dealing with the ramifications of alcohol has been hard.

I have been waiting for the one-week anniversary to come by, so I can make a list of before and afters so that I can logically assess that things are improving. I nice thing to do for myself, I think. From now on, I can only move forward and am hoping someday that I can forgive and redeem myself of my past.

Hope you are all doing well and staying happy, strong and sober.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:00 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

I Love Diet Gingerale or Club Soda with Cranberry Juice!

Heading into week 3 of sobriety....and loving it!

Took my own subject drinks to a couple of Christmas parties over the weekend and didn't miss the booze at all. Good luck to everyone in the class of 2013!!

And, with all the money I've saved thus far, I went Christmas shopping today and bought presents.....FOR ME -- ha ha!

>DDF
Old 12-10-2013, 07:17 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Day 2 winding down- day included a very tearful but honest session with my therapist. Had no idea all that was in there. I even managed to meet a friend for dinner and enjoy my white tea while she had a beer. I can't do the shame, the secrets, the hiding... at some point in order to really move forward I have to be honest with my husband... It's the shame, the secrets and the hiding that will keep me drinking. One thing at a time. Tonight I am thankful, today to be free. I am thankful to wrap up on the couch with my ice cream and my gorgeous daughter. Thankful for the clarity of mind to hear the music of her breath going in and out. Thankful to taste the creamy mint of my ice cream. Simple things. I hope that you all are finding a little beauty in your days.

Onward December friends.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:26 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

I've been away so long
I'm getting worried again
Hangover after hangover
Earlier today I broke down to a friend who was there
for me during the day
Then felt a bit better but then later downed two bottles of Rose
Now I'm awake wired and can hear the time pass by
I just want to sleep
What do I do?
I'm worried for the sun to rise and face the day
Old 12-10-2013, 07:45 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Just having chamomile tea and stress not too bad now
Nice to put it down in words though
Old 12-10-2013, 07:50 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  
Administrator

It can be a bit of an emotional rollercoaster - next time you feel vulnerable why not post here instead yestofreedom?

D
Old 12-10-2013, 08:05 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Thank you D
I'm going to be putting this back on my phone App

Ytf
Old 12-10-2013, 09:51 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Day 11 of building more recovery today was better than yesterday think I'm getting more stable after my slip
Old 12-10-2013, 11:23 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Hi gang, hope everyone is well.
Day nine here. Not angry as I was yesterday anymore but feel 'knocked over' from being out and about during the holiday madness and literally pushed at one point at the post office and I felt sorry for them, not me. I will advise to go to the post office as early in the day as possible. Or send small things that can fit inside a mail slot so you won't have to deal with lines. Goodnight.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:55 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Hi all. today is day 3 for me. taking each day as it comes. hope everyone has a good day x
Old 12-11-2013, 12:02 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Starting Day 4, everyone have a good sober and safe day. I am worried about jinxing this.
Old 12-11-2013, 12:06 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  
Administrator

Keep it simple Beanie.
All you need to do today is not drink....you've already done that 3 days

D
Old 12-11-2013, 04:27 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Hello everyone and great job regarding building time to work with. We all have to start at day (1) at some point. Even those with years under their belt started with a day (1).

"I'm back in the saddle again", beginning day (8). I really messed up during the 2nd week of November which ended up as a (3) week rollercoaster. However, this is the quickest I've ever come back after a slip then a tumble. I think it's important to remind ourselves more so of our positive initiatives and accomplishments.

Have a great day and stay strong Decemberites!
Old 12-11-2013, 06:05 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

DAY 3 here. Headed on a mini vacation and nervous about it as the trip is with people I used to drink a lot with. However, they are aware of my struggles with alcohol so I need to be honest right away when I get there. While we had many fun debaucherous nights, my drinking has escalated to the point where I just never know what may happen. It is bad enough to black out in the security of my own home, but to do it at my friends home would be horrific and terrifying. I don't want to ruin this trip with hung over days and lost memories, shame and embarrassment. While my not drinking nay be awkward, drinking would be far worse. Your support is needed.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:31 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Countingdays - In reading Alan Carr's book about quitting the EasyWay, he suggests being thankful everyday for quitting and saying to yourself 'how wonderful to be free!' 'I'm free' Perhaps if you go into the weekend with positive thoughts, "I'm so glad this isn't a trip that will leave me hungover and regretful.' 'I'm free to enjoy this trip without fear.' Would you consider taking some good reading with you? Maybe Journal while you're there? Maybe even have someone to text? You're doing it! You can do it! The other end will bring great peace of mind to you... imagine that.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:59 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Great advice Babs! Thank you. You are right. I should be excited for this trip because I don't have to be afraid of the consequences of my actions while drinking, I will get up each morning clear headed and ready to explore, I will have meaningful conversations that I will remember.

Also, in reality, the last few times I "partied" with these folks, it ended it me getting annoyed with them because they wanted to be responsible and go to bed rather than continue to get obliterated.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:22 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Isn't that always the way?? You're reluctant to start drinking, then you do and soon you're wheels up, its go time! Let's drink until the sun comes up! Then slowly people start checking out and going to bed and we're still 'on fire!' "Great, I didn't want to get in on this party and when I do, you guys can't keep up?!" That situation, the unfulfilled party is the exact reason we let ourselves drink the next day - maybe today/tonight will be the night we all party until we can't see straight.... and its the same as the night before... so we ready ourselves for day 3 and so on. You can write the end to this story. It's not worth it. How great to see that situation and leave it. No thanks.

Let the force be with you!
Old 12-11-2013, 08:56 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Babs, you hit the nail on the head! In fact, the last time was exactly that.....we all went to cocktail hour and I volunteered to be designated driver. Watched them drink all night. We get back to the house and I'm thinking OK, enough with me being "good" I got you home safe, now let's party. They all went to bed (said they wanted to save themselves for tomorrow night)and I got drunk by myself. Guess what, the next night came and i was too hungover to party and they were too tired anyway. Pretty much every night was an unfulfilled party always in search of the way it was when I was young (college age) and didn't get hangovers (or could sleep all day if I did) and everyone got crazy and laughed about the silly stuff we did the next day.....but, you know what, there was some really bad situations I got myself into even in my early drinking days and I just burried those memories so I could continue drinking.

Last edited by countingdays; 12-11-2013 at 08:57 AM. Reason: spelling