Thread: On My Way # 5
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 09:01 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  
Gonnachange

A large part of yesterday was spent traveling and spending time with a very sick friend in the hospital. Once again FU cancer! Not too long after we got home I saw my doctor about my ongoing leg/ankle swelling and she changed my blood pressure medication. Unlike last time she didn't advise me to see a cardiologist or someone who could check for blood clots so that's a positive. Unfortunately, she also strongly advised me to not run until we have the situation stabilized so whatever small odds I had for being prepared for the NYC Marathon have taken a big hit. To end my tale of the visit on a positive note she wanted to do some poking and prodding of my abdomen and she asked me to relax and breath normally. When she started she once again asked me to relax my muscles. I told I was relaxing which was an indication that there's lots of muscle hiding due to the gym work I've been consistently doing.

I'm going to hit the gym for a solo workout this afternoon.

Dinner last night was sautéed clams and tri color couscous. Tonight is going to be salmon and I'll be incorporating some of the herbs my wife is growing along with some fresh lemons. The side is yet to be decided.