View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 01:00 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Jeni26

Gosh, I'm sorry I missed this you two...I don't hang out on SR like I used to and I miss vital stuff.

Sorry to hear about the op INH, and I can totally relate to the pain meds stuff. I am prescribed pain relief for something fairly minor but painful. It flares up from time to time and I have no option but to take meds. I put myself straight to bed..it's like I can't bear to walk around feeling glazed or out of control, not even a little bit now. It makes me anxious. I hope you feel better soon. Long distance relationships can work, at least in the beginning...who knows how it will progress and what the future holds. Have fun xx

Hypo-now I know we are in contact away from SR, and we've talked about this, but there's nothing wrong with leaning on your support network. Old timers I speak to would still consider 2 years as still being early recovery. You are experiencing a lot of change. New diagnosis, new relationship...
And I would say that finding change difficult is classic of those on the autistic spectrum.
Please don't be too hard on yourself here, and REMEMBER no matter how anxious you might feel now, it is nothing that compares to the anxiety after a night on the drink.

You have worked harder than anyone I know on your recovery..read so many books, incorporated AA and AVRT, done volunteering, got a sponsor...bloody hell if there's anyone who deserves peace in sobriety it's you.

This too shall pass....

But in the meantime...text me, phone me, message me, speak to your sponsor, go to a meeting, post on SR, message others on SR, hop on a train to London and I will meet you, do whatever it takes.

Love you girl. You are my bestest and most consistent sobriety buddy..I'm not letting you disappear without a fight xxxxxxxxx