Old 01-03-2014, 03:20 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Branches

Originally Posted by Grindilow View Post
Hoping the entire garlic bread I just necked will put the cravings at bay :p
Well, if it doesn't, try ice cream. I told myself I could eat whatever I wanted for the first week or two, and then it would be time to start eating healthy again.
I read somewhere that sugar and honey help with anxiety, which is probably what's behind a lot of our cravings - feeling jumpy, anxious, nervous, whatever.
I'm in the middle of day 10. It's late Friday morning here in California. Actually, for the first time last night I did not eat dessert. The sugar/carb cravings are starting to subside. I feel great. It occurred to me that even tho one of the reasons I drank was because I felt kind of depressed a lot of the times, guess what? I think alcohol was the culprit because now that it is out of my system, I feel more upbeat and energetic and open to life than I have in years. I gotta remember this when I'm tempted.

Congratulations on Day 4 - You rock! That was a tough day for me because I didn't feel so crappy as I did the first couple of days, so the urge to do what I habitually did every day (drink) was popping up.