Blogs

Pms

Old 02-14-2003, 04:49 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Gold Member

Hey N! That's just great! Now I wonder, if the womans sexual peak is in her early 30s, I wonder if that's God's way of saying hurry up and reproduse,before I zap you with the crazys! Our bodies are a funny thing! Good thing there is Midol! Eventough I don't take it,but I can understand now why women buy it in cases
Old 02-14-2003, 08:34 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

That's funny Ann's, but I'm not there yet. LOL Actually the evening primrose oil seems to be helping. Right not I only get the hot flashes at night. They're so weird. It's this strangest sensation of heat all the way up my spine. The other night, it was pretty cold in the bedroom, but I had my fan on high and an icepack on my back.

Zoomer, I've had bad backaches too. Also headaches. Caffeine is not supposed to be good, because it is supposed to make one more susceptible to hot flashes, but I'm not ready to give up my cup of java in the morning.

The idea of menopause really depresses me because I feel like this is really the onset of old age, and I don't want to face that. I have so many bizarre aches and pains now.

There are times when I'm so irritable I wish someone would say something to me so I could get into a fight.

I missed my cycle for three months, then had one for two weeks.

Plus, I was born with two uteruses and three kidneys. I was hoping that having two uteri would delay my menopause for a good long time, but I guess not. I'm glad we have this women's board to discuss all this stuff. It really helps getting feedback from all the other women here.

Juls
Old 02-14-2003, 08:46 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Gold Member

Holi cow juls, your a morf! Actually you might have been a twin. 3 kidnies! 2 uterouses! It must be a double whammy when you got your PMS! Now did thy leave the extra kidny in? Good lord! Wow talk about strange! No your not strange,but the physical aspects of bein a twin with in your body. Do you feel like you have two souls? God, can you emajion the complexity of that one! I was born without wizdom teeth, so I did not get that much wizdom. Gee wiz! I'm glad to know you! How fun it must be for you to know your so specail that god gave you some extra parts! Let me know all the details! (I'm not prying, it just sounds so neat).
Old 02-14-2003, 09:04 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Zoomer,

That's what the Dr. said, that I had started out to be twins, but that's as far as it went. The way I found this all out was when Iwas 17 I went to get fitted for a diaphragm. I have only one opening so to speak, but when the Dr. examined me she found I had what was called a double-barelled vagina. (God, I hope no guys are reading this LOL). Each vaginal canal led to it's own cervix and to it's own uterus.

All this was determined by doing a dye x-ray, and that's how they found the extra kidney. It is full size and functions normally. The doc said the uterus and kidneys are formed at the same time. The condition I have occurs in about 1 in ten million. Sometimes I think about what would have happend if I'd kept on developing into a twin.

I do feel like a dual personality alot of times. LOL

My son was conceived and born in my right uterus, and my daughter in my left. They were both breech, and I had to have c-sections for both deliveries.

Pretty wild huh?

Juls
Old 02-14-2003, 09:29 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Gold Member

Hey Juls, no not wierd, but pretty cool! Now I was born breach, so you kids must do things ass backwards too, or maybe not because they were born C-section! Now, I wonder if you did have twins and each one was born in a seprate utirous, if they would actually be twins, or two babies born at the same time? Strange! Wow, too neat! Do you get studied a lot? I mean by doctors? You must be a very interesting case to the OBGYN world and all!
Old 02-14-2003, 10:00 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Zoomer,

Oh yeah, I got studied alot. LOL Everytime I would have my OB exam, the Dr. would always ask if I would mind letting all the med students take a look at my double cervix so they would know what one looked like. I'd have seven or eight student peering into my nether region at a time. Oh well, anything for science huh?

It is possible for someone like me to conceive two different pregnancies, one in each uterus. It has happened. Not to me fortunately. They're not considered twins though.

Another funny thing. I was also born with teeth. I had both my front teeth when I came out. Evidently they were pulled so my mother could nurse me without me biting the heck out of her.

Juls
Old 02-14-2003, 11:18 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Gold Member

LOL! I remeber when my 7 year old was born and this med student want to peak at my stiches. I told him to go to hell,well not hell, but I told him no. he got all mad and could not undersand why! Hello, I had just about enough of people poking and prodding me,besides he was real cute! a, that's when I think woman should stop nursing is when babies get teeth. That is the most painful thing in the world is to have chomping session uninvited! LOL!!!!!!
Old 02-19-2003, 06:22 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Paused

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE ADVICE ON THE B-6.......I have been off the pill for a year due to health reasons and recently had my tubes tied, OH MY Gosh, the first monthly visit has been h**ll since my surgery. But I 'm sure its normal since the doc messed with mother nature. sure hope it dont change it too much. this monthly reminded me of old days with the terrible cramps and other nice little symptoms, my son knows in a heartbeat that mom is not going to friendly for awhile....lol lol lol poor kid, but he might as well get used to it huh? ha ha I'm surprised my doc never told me that she is normally real good about stuff like that, but while on the pill I never really had to many symptoms other than being moody, it helped tons with the cramps and things wish I hadnt had to go off it but..........anyway thanks a bunch for advice , will be my first purchase with my paycheck this week
Old 02-19-2003, 06:33 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Paused

Hey juls how unique, you must feel real special, that would be interesting for sure...... I did a double take when i started reading the post after yours i guess i had missed the part about the double uterus and kidney and then zoomer made comment on it and I went What! wow...... how neat.
Old 02-19-2003, 06:52 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Gold Member

~~~~~~snicker~~~~~~~~~~~ I don't remeber my coment,but I d hope it was ether informative or funny. I am on for the ride of my life when I minowpause.
Old 02-19-2003, 09:03 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hi Faith,

Nice to meet you. I don't know about special, when I first found out I felt like a real oddball. LOL I had a wise guy Doc who said he could tie off one of my tubes, then I could use one of my two vaginas for fun and the other for making babies. At 17, I only felt embarassed.

When I go for my annual, I have to get two pap smears. One from each cervix. I also have pretty heavy periods.

Zoomer, your comments are always pretty funny. I think you should take your show on the road. LOL In fact, I think were all pretty hilarious.

I've had two pretty much normal periods, after not having any for a few months, and I feel alot more normal. I was starting to feel like psycho woman. I've never really suffered from pms, but this perimenopause stuff is something else. I'd rather keep having my cycles.

Juls
Old 02-19-2003, 09:50 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Grace Under Fire

Juls,
You are not alone, my niece just found
out she has two uterus. Also she was
pregnant with twins, one in each uterus-
she did lose one.
Her wise guy doc said she could get
pregnant with two different fathers-or
maybe that was a warning!!!
Also, along with the B vitamins, I take alot of calcium every day, Reader's Digest says 1,000 mg. a day for PMS. I usually have only two bad days, sometimes not at all.
Calcium is also good for preventing
osteoporosis-something we need to think
about once we hit the 40's, along with
all the other wonderful hormonal changes.
Old 02-20-2003, 04:03 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Gold Member

Hey Juls, I wonder if you can still be a virgin if you only had sex with one uterus? HA< AFTER MY BABIES THE DOCTOR SEWED ME UP A LITTLETIGHTER IF YA KNOW WHAT I mean! GG, I had a check up in october and I'm just glad I have a woman docter!
Old 02-20-2003, 12:25 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

That's maybe a bit more info than I need Zoomer.

Ngaire
Old 02-20-2003, 12:41 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Zoomer,

I had both my babies by c-section with what they call the "bikini incision," so the scar is very minimal, and I never got stretched out so to speak.

Josie, I've also heard of that possibility, where a woman gets pregnant in each uterus. I wondered if that type of pregnancy was considered twins or not. I'm sorry your neice had to lose one. That must have been really hard on her.

I've started with the Calcium/Magnesium supplements, but I have a hard time taking vitamins. Those pills are so huge. I also got a bottle of cod liver oil, ugh, for those omega-3 fatty acids. It's so hard for me to do everything. Eat right, drink enough water every day, take vitamins, exercise, etc., etc.

I can usually do one or two a day, but seldom all of it.

Ngaire, I apologize if all this talk about female stuff is grossing you out. I've never talked about any of this stuff about my body with anybody before, so it's interesting to get feedback and hear other's experiences. Let me know if it's too much though and I'll drop it.

Juls
Old 02-20-2003, 04:34 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Thank you for the info! I shall now put myself on daily B

and BE thankful to do it!
Old 02-20-2003, 06:58 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Gold Member

Live when you saidyou were going to put yorself ona B dayley, I could not hlp but think of a daily bit--ing session A tantrum is good for the soul!
Old 02-20-2003, 06:58 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Gold Member

Old 02-20-2003, 07:03 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Wears me out, woman!:p