Blogs

hi i'm new at this,i could really use some advice.

Old 02-17-2002, 08:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
perks

hi i'm new at this,i could really use some advice.

hi!..where do i start?..i'm looking 4 some advice on how to get off of percocet.i'v been trying,but the pain gets the best of me.my body hurts from top to bottom.i can't just lay on the couch(as much as i would like to)and wait 4 the pain to stop.i have 3 little girls a dyeing mother and a hubby who need me.i have a 20 to 30 aday habit,i'm prescribed them 4 chronic back pain.well not 20 aday, but they stopped working so i started takeing more and more..and now it's out of control.i really need to get off them they are controling my life.ruining my life.i have no patience,i'm moody.it's not fair to my little girls.thanks 4 listening, i feel better already just talking"typeing" about it.i hope somebody is listening.....

Old 02-17-2002, 09:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Perks!
I'm an anon, not an addict, and I really don't know anything about Percocet.... but I wanted you to know that someone IS listening. It seems that usually, when a prescription drug is involved, the advice around here is to come clean with your doctor and see if he can help you taper off. I'm sure someone with more specific knowledge will be along soon.

Welcome to the recovery forum! You have admitted that you have a problem. You have already begun to recover.

Smoke
Old 02-18-2002, 02:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Scarlett

Hi Perks. I'm also trying to stop taking perscription medication. I know exactly how you feel. I'm slowly taking myself off of it. Coming here was a big step for me. I am also going to start attending NA meetings. It's the only way I can get clean, and I know that. There is also an NA message board on this forum. You would be most welcomed on that site also. Hang in there Perks, keep coming here, go to meetings, talk to your doctor. Do whatever it takes to get clean. GOOD LUCK SCARLETT

Old 02-18-2002, 04:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
perks

Unhappy

thanks 4 your responce ladys,i really didn't want 2 go 2 my docter about this,because he didn't want me 2 be on the percocet in the first place,because of addiction.i told him i wouldn't abuse them.i'd rather go else where.where is this na board you are talkin about?i had a hard time gettin in here.i'm new at the computer thing,i ride horses 4 a living.thanks 4 listening!p.s...scarlett rejection is an awful feeling,not one of my problems at this time,so no words of wisdom,but i'v read alot of stuff in here and these women seem to be very helpful.i'm sure somebody will have some advice.i'm not sure if i did this right,was i suppose to reply to myself or should i have went to the peoples names who replied to me?sorry 4 being such a dunse!!(opps)

Old 02-18-2002, 05:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Perks...
You're doing just fine! Right below this post you'll see a link that says "hop to". Click on it and scroll to "NA", then hit "go".

Smoke
Old 02-18-2002, 12:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Lightbulb

Hello Perks,
First I want to say, get used to writing because when you are coming off of your drug of choice, the writing will be one of the most powerful tools at your disposal.
It seems these days that the drug of choice seems to be pain killers. Think about the metaphysics of that one for a minute. Aside from your back pain, what other pain are you trying to kill? Something in your past? Perhaps it is exhausting to think about how many other people need you and so you are trying to find a way to take a break without feeling totally guilty? It is not an accusation...just food for thought. I love my family very much but sometimes the mere thought of my responsibility to my three children and a husband with whom I was very unhappy seemed overwhelming. We women tend to carry a heavy burden no matter what we do.
I think that the best thing you can do, besides talking to your doctor is to start attending Narcotics Anonymous meetings. It is well and good to get some support here at the boards but it is essential that you get some "in the flesh" support as well. I cannot emphasize this enough. If you let me know what city and state you are in, I will be happy to locate a meeting for you. I would also be happy to be of service if you need someone to talk to, in any way that I can.
Keep posting here, let us get to know you and how we can help. I think that you will find that you will end up with more online support than you'll know how to handle .
I am glad you are here and I hope we hear from you again soon.
Oooops, I just saw your location. I will be getting back to you very soon about a meeting location.
------------------
The lie is dead...We do recover!

Gettin' Better!

[This message has been edited by Sick In The City (edited February 18, 2002).]
Old 02-18-2002, 05:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
perks

thank you sick in the city.you hit the nail on the head,i started abuseing my meds.when my mom's health started to fail.she's in her early 50's,suffering a chronic lung disease.she was 100 percent this time last year,now she is living like a 90 year old.she is my best friend,and it's killin me to watch her suffer,the medication made the long days and nights in i.c.u bearable.it's time to start dealing with it another way.