Blogs

Women's Chat

Old 02-26-2002, 06:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Julia

Post Women's Chat

Tonight was a difficult night at the women's chat. None of the moderators were there, it was another woman and myself at first, and she was in full relapse mode and I could not help her. Maybe noone could have helped her. I feel very badly that she slipped, although I know it is in her power to get right back on and keep up the good work she has started.

When I came to the chat I was feeling very happy, but after what happend with her I did not feel so happy. I felt very helpless. It was also disturbing to me to know she was using while she was on the board with me. It was triggering for me. Knowing she was about to use I wanted to get off the board, but I did not want to abandon her either. I hoped I could provide her with some words of wisdom so she would throw it away and not use, but I could not do that.

Juls

[This message has been edited by Julia (edited February 26, 2002).]

Old 02-27-2002, 07:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Julia

I am sorry about not being there last night. I go to school now on tues nights.
Just being there with her ane listening to her helps that is all really can do and hope they can come out of it because they really have to do it for themself. Just like the rest of us have do it ourselfs. Do you remmeber who she was.

SAngelfive
Old 02-27-2002, 07:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Julia

Yes, but I don't feel right about putting her name out. I thought that I should respect her privacy?

Juls

Old 02-27-2002, 02:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

HI Julia

Your right about privacy. When can you come to the chat room and ask the other lady too. write it down. thank-you

SAngelfive
Old 02-27-2002, 02:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Julia

I'm pretty available, but I don't know about her.

Juls

Old 02-28-2002, 08:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Lightbulb

Julia,
I am sorry to hear about that woman, whomever she may be, and the effect she had on you the other night. I hope that today finds you with your recovery well in place.
I was not present because I had to take care of some family obligations that were unexpected. Due to the nature of these obligations, they were followed up promptly with a meeting.
If you feel this woman still needs someone to talk to and you do not feel up to it based on what has happened, feel free to give her my email address. By the way, you are free to use that email address yourself anytime, too.
I am sorry about your chat experience and hope to hear from you again soon.

------------------
The lie is dead...We do recover!

Gettin' Better!
Old 02-28-2002, 09:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Julia

Thank Sick,

I'm fine, actually, better than fine. I've been feeling really good, and very productive. I'm not struggling with any urges right now, and I'm grateful to be in recovery.

Juls

Old 02-28-2002, 12:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Paused

Hi Juls,
Sorry you had such a rough night in the chat. It did sound like the woman who was there with you needed your experience, strength and hope - even if she was using during the chat. I'm glad you're ok now!

I did try to get into the chat - for over 30 minutes! The screen kept asking me my screen-name and password, both of which I provided, but then I got a message saying I was "Forbidden." YIKES!! How can this be? What was I doing wrong? If you can offer me some advice as to how to get in, I'll be there next week for sure.
Old 02-28-2002, 02:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Julia

You don't need a password, just type in your screen name.

Juls