Blogs

Divorce...is 9 months to soon?

Old 05-20-2005, 12:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Divorce...is 9 months to soon?

, I am kidding but my H just called, he looked at a used RV to buy. I HATE CAMPING.

Last night he was walking around the house singing from the RV commercial.....IF YOU"RE NOT RV'n..blah blah blah...I would cut him off and say...YOU"RE HAVING LOTS OF FUN IN A HOTEL!!!!

:Lmao I HATE CAMPING!!!
Old 05-20-2005, 12:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Um Paulie...
your subject line freaked me right the heck out.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Sorry...as soon as I saw your name here I realized it might do that :Lmao
Old 05-20-2005, 01:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Paulie, RVing isn't really camping. The most icky things about camping are:

1) using public washrooms and showers - your RV will come with a great bathroom

2) no heat/airconditioning (depending on the month you're out there) - your RV will probably have a heater and airconditioner.

Another thing, people who use campgrounds are nice people. I always felt very safe whenever we were in a campground.

Think of it this way - you and hubby can go off in search of an adventure.

Love, Anna
Old 05-20-2005, 01:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Nope...you cant' convince me Anna...you just can't. LOL

I will admit..my own bathroom does make a difference.

But....when I got on vacation I dont' want to cook and clean, heck I hate doing that at home

He is so excited about this....I am having a hard time faking it. Okay I am not even trying to fake it.
Old 05-20-2005, 01:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Oh Paulie,

This is funny...the joys of married life...

Do you remember the old,old TV show 'Green Acres' with Eva Gabor who loved city life and her hubby who loved country life? Remember where they ended up!

Love, Anna
Old 05-20-2005, 01:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

:Lmao...YES I remember that Anna, gee thanks for reminding me .
Old 05-20-2005, 02:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

I wouldn't consider myself a "Camping Women", however, I have motorhomed for 20 years, complete with microwave, washer/dryer/tv's/vcrs and more. If you don't want to cook, go out to dinner, I've done it often.

You might be surprised, it can be fun...

Dolly
Old 05-20-2005, 02:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

He is taking me this evening to see one he looked at earlier today. he is so excited.....I will try and fake

But....I don't think this one has all those things...it is a used one.

I am trying to be open minded....HAHAHA!
Old 05-20-2005, 03:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

ooh I love camping I am caravanning in spain next weekend to look at some cave paintings...I have to have all the comforts of home though my nights under canvas are gone...still who nows. Our leaning disabled son is going to Perpignon, simming he tells us....we have to force him almost into our pool lol. Older son and g/f looking after dogs we don't take cats and bees and it coincides with our 20th anniversary. You might be really surprised Paulie n if not condolences.

hugs indie

PS that cake thing will never leave me thanks
Old 05-20-2005, 04:05 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Annie, that sounds like a blast! I'm so glad you leave the cats and the bees at home!

I hope you have a wonderful anniversary weekend.

Love,Anna
Old 05-21-2005, 07:20 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Oh Annie..Happy Anniversary to you. ENJOY!

Well he is gonna have a friend look at it that has owned a few over the years, it is older but in really great shape.

I had to remind myself that my H is very excited about this, he works hard for us, and that 10 years ago we lived in a car. That whole gratitude thing!!! He works hard and if this is what will make him happy, I am okay with it. (and it has a microwave LOL)
Old 05-21-2005, 01:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Chy

No 9 months is not to soon! Camping! Blech!
Old 05-22-2005, 06:17 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Paulie,
First of all your subject line nearly gave me a heart attack!!

Second, I LOVE camping. we do both family and primitive camping. Family in a tent with shower and bathroom facilities. Primitive in a tent with none of the above. (I do have a self contained portable chemical toilet though). I love getting away from all of the creature comforts. It makes me really grateful to have them when I get home. lol
I also love the "No technology" rule that we have. No TV's, no radios, no electronics, it's great. You can stay deep in the woods and not be bothered by the world around you. I HATE LEAVING when I go. My husband practically drags me out kicking and screaming. 1st campout of the season in 5 days. Can't wait.

Keep an open mind, it can be alot of fun.
Old 05-23-2005, 06:04 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Girl! You gave me a jump start.... I got one word for you Tortillas! They make great plates, breakfeast, lunch and dinner. I LOVE camping, I HATE cleaning. My favorite is sausage on the grill wrapped up in a nice hot tortilla. Only thing to wash is the grilling fork. Good Luck!
Old 05-23-2005, 06:14 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Paulie - when we go camping, I don't want to cook and clean and all that crap - it's also supposed to be MY vacation or get away - so, I make MIKE do that stuff....I told him we can either eat out or he can cook, but I'm cooking every night at home, and refuse to do it on vacation. Plus, I tell him I won't cook on the grill or over an open fire. It works, too. I think it makes him feel like he's 'the man.' It makes me laugh, because I can do just as well on the grill, but if I admit it, I'm gonna be cooking when I don't want to. (And if he ever catches on, I plan to burn the most expensive steaks I can convince him to buy, as Plan B.)
Old 05-23-2005, 07:28 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Well it is interesting how our minds/hearts work. I heard myself on Friday talking, I mean I heard my own voice being so negative and I instantly understood how wrong that was. My H works really hard, the business we have allows me to work from home, making my own hours and is extremely flexible. I saw the excited about this in his eyes...like a little boy, heard my negativity and instantly knew I was wrong.

He is really happy about this and though it may not be my idea of fun, I am happy to see him excited about something other than work, he is a work aholic. He wants to take weekend trips this summer when his kids are here. they are 10 and 15 and the most important thing to them to x-box, the comupter and the phone....so he wants to take them away from that stuf.

we are not gonna rough it like that..OH NO, excitement or not I dont' sleep in tents . But part of being married is compromise, and seeing the excitement in his eyes...I dropped the negativity and we are making plans.

We are picking it up tonight our first trip will be 6/4.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:19 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Try camping with a tent sometime. You will feel like you are at the Ritz in an RV!!!!
Old 05-23-2005, 01:46 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're right Paulie, I think compromise is essential at times in a relationship.

I love the idea of getting the kids away from the gadgets. We had the absolute best family times while camping. It's interesting how your priorities shift as you move away from the luxuries you were used to. I had two of my most awesome 'spiritual moments' in campgrounds, one of those moments when you know with absolute certainty that you are in the exact right place at the exact right time.

Be sure to tell us about your first adventure.

Love, Anna
Old 05-23-2005, 02:00 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Be sure to tell us about your first adventure.