Blogs

venting,tired,cooped up!

Old 05-19-2004, 04:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Gold Member

venting,tired,cooped up!

Here I go again complaining! I just feel so cooped up! My kids have been sick with colds, I'm not getting enough sleep and I'm stressing out! I'n not one of them good mommy weeks. I'm also trying to potty train my 2 year old and he keeps taking off his clothes every five seconds and running out into the back yard. I'v secured the gates,but this constant "game" with him is driving me up the wall! Of course I have to catch him before he wets on the floor or if not clean that up too. We put him to bed at night and he strips there too. Poor baby though was up all night last night coughing his little baby brains out. Of course we tried to give him medication,but he spits it out all over,then pukes from the taste. I have given him several baths a day to calm him down to the point today there was no hot water for me to take a shower,so I'm feeling grungy. I'm trying to get my 8 year old to practice her report for tomorrow and she is running away from me and dodging every effort Imake to get this whole dam thing wrapped up so she will get a good grade. (the teacher has been hinting we do not spend enough time working with my daughter) My 7 year old is cranky and tired and throwing fits that gets everyone else all worked up as well. My husband is good though and BBQed dinner which the girls did not eat and are now hungry. I did manage to iron the girls clothes for tommorrow,so I feel good about that,but O how I need a break and a good night's rest. My body is all tight to the point of leg cramps at night.... I'm just venting wanting to complain about my day. I have been trying again to look into going back to school or a part time job,but days like these I feel trapped and wonder how am I ever going to go to school or hold down a job when the kids are like this. How do working mothers handle this? After thinking about how other mothers work, I then feel worthless because it seems like I'm doing something wrong here because I'm not handling this well. It's just one of those weeks!
Old 05-19-2004, 04:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

You said it Zoomer, it is just one of those weeks, everyone has them. that does not make it easy when you are in the middle of it. I admire moms like you so much, taking care of those kids is a FULL time job. Keep doing what you are doing zoomer, you will get through it, I promise.

Maybe a nice hot bath tonight after they are all in bed!!! A few minutes just for you.
Old 05-19-2004, 04:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Gold Member

(((((((((((((P))))))))))))))),TY.... LOL, my son is takeing yet another bath! If I wait til midnight, i just might take one
Old 05-19-2004, 04:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Better late than never LOL

I am sorry zoomer, but a 2 year old running around naked is funny. Well that is because it is not my 2 year old and I have not been chasing him all day.

Bless You!!!!
Old 05-19-2004, 05:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Gold Member

LOL, the baby actually snuck out into the back yard yesterday in a rain storm without any clothes! He has now found out how to get the double locks unlocked of the sliding glass door! I think that is why he was so sick last night! We have tried over alls, onesies, zippered pJ's with snaps and he is now an exspert escape artest in taking off his clothes! I have yet to duck tape his diaper though! I even bought him cute little undies and he takes those off too... I don't mind him too much running around the house (except for his accidents),but going outside nude is a no no!!!
Old 05-19-2004, 05:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Zoom,

I have to laugh too! I'm sorry for you though, it sounds tough. Being a mom is such a tough job. It sounds like you've been running around all day doing things for everyone. Like Paulie says, take a moment for yourself. That's so important. I hope you sleep well tonight and that everyone feels better tomorrow.

Love, Anna
Old 05-19-2004, 05:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Gold Member

((((((((((((((Anna))))))))))) TY! I'm going to go read here in a few minutes after I put my girls to bed...
Old 05-19-2004, 06:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

(((ZOOMER)))

I am exhausted just reading this, LOL. Poor you, get yourself some rest. Maybe just hide under your bed and let the rest of the world run by...naked if they want!!!

Sending Calgon, candles and the coldpack....
Old 05-19-2004, 07:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Chy

Oh Big hugs Zoomer! Dr. Phil just had that on his show about a mom with a 2 year old who strips and potty's everywhere. Sorry the others were sick as well. YOU dear girl do need a break. I hope you will find a way to do so soon.

I know us moms have to learn how to handle it all, some how God gave us the strength to do so most day's. Take some time off.. I'm sensing another fishing trip is in order! BY YOURSELF! *hugs*
Old 05-19-2004, 07:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Zoomer,

Hang in there and try to laugh at the insanity. I have 4 kids, and even though they are older now I remember those days. I stayed home as a full time mom until my youngest started school, it is more than a full time job, at least a job you work 9to 5 then you get to leave it behind. Moms work 24/7. Give yourself a break, I used to take long hot baths, with smelly soap, and candles, but you have to threaten your husband's very existence to make sure he keeps the kids out of your hair while you do it. lol

hang in there
Love ya

Laurie D.
Old 05-19-2004, 07:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Gold Member

(((((((((huggys all)))))))) All the kids are alseep,but I'm afraid to turn on the bath water for fear of waking up the 2 year old... LOL!!! Perhaps I'll get up before every one and take one! Showers just to cut it when there's stress!
Old 05-20-2004, 04:56 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Gold Member

O boy I was up at 1:30 am giving the baby a bath... It was the only thing that would calm him down! It calmed him down so much he decided he wanted to stay up and play. LOL I was with him for a couple of hours trying to make him go night night that I fell alseep and my husband took over. Today is also the day my daughter does her report on Harrit. I'm more nervous than she is. She is not an oral report type kid and will just read through her cue cards. They are going to grade on projection of the voice,eye contact... O'well at least she will do it and we can get this over with. My husband is going to go watch...O shoot I forgot I was to bring in the veg tray! I have to run to the store Ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-20-2004, 05:35 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Zoomer just got to read this thread and it sounds to me you are being mommy of the year. If it was not a good mommy week you would ignore homework not bath you baby and not care if the baby had no clothes on for that matter not potty training. So take that back it sounds to me you deserve the mommy of the year award. You hang in there the colds and the training will soon be over but hang in there for other wonderful mommy tasks. You sound to be a great mommy and I am glad to know you.
Old 05-20-2004, 05:50 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Gold Member

TY Bubblze! This Mommy feels like crawling back in bed I now have to take a shower, get dress and my 2 year old dressed as well (he is going to be such a joy today with only a few hours sleep) and head to the market. I told my 8 year old we were responcible to bring in the veg tray, and she begged me not too! My girls hate raw veggies! I don't know if the potty training will be over with any time soon. My son sticks his foot in the toilet instead of his bum,then pees on the floor... I forgot about this stage even after many children. Boys are worse to train than girls I guess because they have an extra part to them.
Old 05-20-2004, 05:54 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

LMAO Zoom you are to funny. Make sure to take lots of pics to remind him the heck he put you through the little devil. He may take a long nap after not sleeping much that might be the time you get some alone time. Hope you do.
Old 05-20-2004, 06:40 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Gold Member

Huggys Bubblze! I live for nap time
Old 05-20-2004, 06:41 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Zoomer,

I just wrote you a very long message and it got dumped!!!!

I will try it again later. You will laugh! My son was a naked escape artist too.
Old 05-20-2004, 07:43 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Hey Zoom -

Hope your day is better today. I bet your daughter with do GREAT!!! and hope that little guy keeps his clothes on .
Old 05-20-2004, 08:10 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
~FEELS SO ALIVE~

I hope there is no offense taken with this post..I just really do alot of reading and love to help people...
I am an avid DR PHIL viewer. also.LOL
He had a couple on that had the same problem with their child...

He says to be consistent in not letting him see any humorin your eys about it...Everytime he does this/Let him know there will be no fun had ..{insert your reaction to his action}I would say no playing with toys this morning if you take your clothes off and tinkle on my stuff.LOL..No matter how busy or tired you are..Stop and give him the acknowledgement then let him see how your gonna react..It wont be fun anymore for him. it wont last much longer...Tell him if he goes to the potty He can get completely nekkiidddd if thats what it takes LOL...But he has to use it there and get dressed before he comes out...Then maybe try givin him a goodie of your choice for doin the good thing that makes mommy much happier..LOL..Hope you were just havin a bad moment and not lettin it become a whole bad day!!Take a mommy rest when you can..hope your kids are feelin better soon also...
********{zoomer}}}}}}}}}}}
Old 05-20-2004, 09:00 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Gold Member

(((((((((((huggys guys))))))))))... Back from the market. Pooh they did not have the already made veggy tray, so now I have to make one! Bummer! We have kind have gone easy on the two year old because he is the last one. It's hard not to laugh at him and his two year old ways. I have never seen Dr. Phil,but wecome advice on how to deal with the two year old. It's been so long sence I'v had to do this and I forget. I'm pretty much an easy going parent as far as dealing with a streaker and do remember every child's little wierd ways when they were potty training. some got nude, some were scard of the toliet flushing,the other one was scard to do number 2 until she got sick from not going. These type of stories they never tell you about in any books on child raising. They should write a book on real kids and parents get real. "Yes, little jonny does pee on the floor", "little suzy does eat her snot","all kids do beat the heck out of eachother"... LOL, I think there is a small percentage of people like Dr, Phil who's children are perhaps born civilized without these flaws and they have the need to show the rest of the world on how to raise "normal children" LOL Sorry wasted, huggys I'm just venting... If I took the time to sit and talk things out with my two year old in an adult conversation and tell him you need to keep your clothes on and not go wee wee on the floor, he might understand by the time he is 4... I will try though only because I'm desperate to get over this stage of development. Yesssssssssssssss, it's almost nap time!