Blogs

I'm annoyed.....

Old 10-31-2003, 08:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

I'm annoyed.....

and just need to vent about it.

As some of you know my SO and I are self employed, and for some reason my SO seems to think that becasue I work from home that I can call dentists and insurance and stuff for our employees......

It is just ticks me off. This morning I said, I am not his mother (the guy lives with his mom still or I would have said I am not his wife LOL). but I did it anyway cause my SO says if the employee does it it takes time from his work day. What???? he drives from job to job in his truck??

Okay I am done I just needed to rant for a few minutes!!! LOL!!!
Old 10-31-2003, 09:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Want me to kick some butt for you?

Oh wait...that's probably not an appropriate response

phoenix
Old 10-31-2003, 09:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

LMAO!!! thanks you made me laugh...and keep that foot in the air while I think about it!!! LOL!!!!

I know my post may have sounded selfish, I mean I could make the call instead of being here at SR, but ya know, it happens all the time and it just bugs me. I don't mind helping a couple of our employees that don't speak english, that is different. Like when one got called for Jury duty, I had not problem taking care of that for him, he can't speak or write in english...but give me a break.

Okay I am done now!!
Old 10-31-2003, 09:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Cheesecake always helps me make major butt kicking decisions

phoenix...foot cocked and ready...
Old 10-31-2003, 09:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Okay - I was just putting the flannel sheets on my bed (cause it is friggin COLD) and I was thinking if this little annoyance is my biggest problem today....my life is pretty good.

Now that is a gift of my recovery!!!

Thanks for the cheesecake, it helps me with butt kicking decision too!!! LOL

Oh, and you can put your foot down now!!!!! (((Phoenix)))
Old 10-31-2003, 09:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally posted by Paulie
Thanks for the cheesecake, it helps me with butt kicking decision too!!! LOL

Oh, and you can put your foot down now!!!!! (((Phoenix)))
Too late...I lost my balance and tipped over.But I did manage to save the cheesecake

phoenix
Old 10-31-2003, 10:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

I knew that is why I liked you....you have your priorites straight!!!!!
Old 10-31-2003, 02:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Chy

Gee Paulie.. your generous, I have a few calls that need to go out to insurance company as well! Gosh, I have to work too, will you do it for me?

Ahh it's okay after I finish my workout at 5:30, go to work til 4:00, come home do homework for the kiddo.. oops.. help do homework for the kiddo, cook dinner, feed the pets, do the dishes, pack lunches, iron the next day's clothes.. I'll make my own calls.

Gee am I the only one that has day's like this and still take care of MY obligations? *LOL*

Hope you get my point.. they can make their own darn calls!! ... now is there any cheescake left... oh my weakness!!
Old 10-31-2003, 05:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

I hear ya, I hear ya. Like I said, I was annoyed!! LOL!!! and for good reason. But ya, now the rest of my day sober, was awesome. and now it is getting dark and hopefully I will have kids at my door soon, but it is raining - bummer. But the rain hopefully will be moving south to southern CA for the fires and that make me happy!

Happy Halloween!
Old 10-31-2003, 10:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey Paulie - I had to laugh reading this post, because as you know I also work from home and everybody seems to think because I do, that it's not really work. Yeah, right - I get that paycheque from sitting on my rear all day watching soap operas and eating bonbons! During my workday, I have friends who drop in for coffee, my mom and daughter calling me wanting to talk, His Highness asking me to run and do this errand or that, and on and on. I've had to go over this with people so many times, explaining that if I was working in an office outside my home that I couldn't just drop my work to socialize or take care of their needs, but I've never had any success at convincing them of this. I just try to take it in stride now and accept that they see it totally different due to the fact that I don't actually walk out my front door to go to work.

Ain't working from home grand?!
Old 11-01-2003, 12:19 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I don't work from home, but I am an Independent Contractor, and my husband thinks that I can make all the calls too, since I although I work "in" an office, I do not work "for" them. He wants me to use my cell phone to make those kinds of calls. I tell him that I use my cell phone for my work, and I don't want to burn up my mintues making all those other calls.

Also, I work on Saturdays, and he doesn't like to watch our daughter on Saturdays becaue he says he can't get any work done. He wants ME to take her to my office. If he can't get any work done at home with her there, how am I supposed to work my JOB with here there. I've done it a couple of times in a pinch, but it isn't really appropriate. If I'm in with a client I can't watch her, and our bookeeper has kept an eye on her, but she has her work to do. She's been very nice about it the few times I've had to do that, but it's not her responsiblity to watch our daughter.

Also, it is a place where people are coming for different treatments, accupuncture, chiropractic, massage, etc. and it is supposed to be quiet and tranquil. My daughter is a good girl, but she is seven and seven year olds can be noisy. A few times she came and knocked at my door when I had a client int he room. They are very nice also, but I am not comfortable with that.

I have told him that I take care of her after school, during the week when I am not working, when he is, and I'm not going to expect that he should get her and take her to work with him when she gets out of school.

We have had several disagreements about this, and I had to just be firm and tell him that she is also his daughter and he has to learn to work around her at home, just like I do. If I waited to get something done until she wasn't around, I would never get anything accomplised.

Juls
Old 11-01-2003, 07:05 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

LOL - I guess it is the same everywhere.

I understand Margo....my mom always acts like I have nothing to do. My brother and I were joking about it the other day. And yes I have friends that call and all that same stuff.

It is more difficult when the kids are here in the summer to. Nothing changes with my work, but I am this mom running them here and there all day long. But I do think most of the time (finally) my SO appreciates it with the kids....I probalby shouldn't say that out loud - LOL!
Old 11-01-2003, 08:01 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Gold Member

I'm a stay at home mom,soooooooo I don't work? Ha, I'm so busy sometimes it makes my head spin!!! I don't mind the phone calls that I have to make, my pet peeve is after my husband gets home he will aks me if I'm going out to pick up stuff. Now he is on the road driving home, why can't he pick up stuff? My biggest pet peeve though is when I do go out and run around, I come home to pig sty!!! Tonight I'm burning up! I'v spent two days cleaning my face off only to come home to a huge mess tonight after running my 17 year old and his girl friend all over town. We just got some money and I'm getting a car for my son! I can't take this driving all over any more. I was responcible for driving my son around,now I even have to go pick up his girlfriend? Something is wrong with this picture!!! LOL, Paulie, i'm glad you had this post! No cheese cake from me,but (((((huggys))))))) for all you do for your SO and everyone here!
Old 11-01-2003, 09:27 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Zoomer,

What is going on with your face that you have spent two days cleaning it off?

Juls
Old 11-01-2003, 09:28 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Oh, do you mean from Halloween make-up, LOL>

Juls
Old 11-02-2003, 01:36 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Gold Member

LOL Juls!!!!!! "I'm not wearing make up,that's just my face"!!! I was going to say "cleaning my a-s-s off", but last time I checked it was still there and very big! Well, sence everyone in the hood comes to the door on Halloween, I wanted the front part of my house to look respectable!!! I also have been trying to keep up with the house work. it makes me feel better when my house is some what clean. also my son had his girl firend over and I did't want her to go speading "lies" LOL that my house is messy God bless my 2 year old,but he has just discovered that all the things look so much better on the floor! Every time I turn around he is clearing off the book shelves,tables,desks,pillows on the couch and chairs,toys out of the toy box... O and we cannot forget the coffee cups or any glasses on the sink that are half full. He is also turning on all faucets and stuffing the tolets(sp) with anything that can he can drag in the bathrooms. Lucky the cats are too fast for him!!! I'm not too upset because it comes with the age,but still he was a tornato these past few days and he got yelled at more than once!!!
Old 11-02-2003, 02:46 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Chy

Margo.. OMG.. sounds like my hubby wrote that.. he too is self employed and works out of our home... okay ladies.. taught me I DO need to bite my tongue on those day's I come home to coffee cups all in the sink.. lunch mess still all over the counters and underwear and socks... STILL on the floor.. from the day before!

Oh the stress! *ducking and running here*

Okay.. I'll be gentle, kind and more understanding.
Old 11-03-2003, 07:53 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

I don't know about the other ladies who work from home home, but my SO does not come home to dishes in the sink and underwear on the floor, that is part of my job too! He does come home to a kitchen floor that needs mopping quite often (I just don't do that enough LOL) but as for the housework, my job too.
Old 11-03-2003, 04:46 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Gold Member

Paulie you just too dam good! Ha, it depends on if I'm having a bad day if my husband comes home to dishes! LOL. i cook and he washes the dishes...I hate doing dishes,but god news, I'm getting a new dish washer,so........ none of us have to really wash the dishes, although now that I think about it, our dishwsher works,but for some reason we still wash all the dishes????? I guess because we still use plastic because of the kids? Hummmmmmmmm.
Old 11-04-2003, 07:30 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Zoomer -

I had a discussion with a woman about this yesterday. Believe me in no way is my house spotless, I mean dont' look under my couch or in my closests, but on the surface it looks kinda clean anyway. But when I am not doing it and feeling bad about it, I am comfortable there. I am used to feeling bad about myself and a way that I do that today in sobriety is by not keeping my house clean. When I keep it clean, I feel better.

And you have to remember to, I don't have kids all the time and when they are here, they are not small kids. i am not like you taking care of little ones all day and running older ones around. That is a full time plus job what you do all day my friend and I admire you for it. I get a small taste of it in the summer months and I go NUTS.