Notices

18 year old daughter in Drug Rehab?

Old 06-20-2006, 03:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

18 year old daughter in Drug Rehab?

Today, I was searching for information for support for families with children that are drug addicts. Last week I couldn't have said that so easy. I wouldn't have believe that I would have been saying that. We talked my 18 year old daughter into admitting herself for treatment for drug abuse last Wed. Her abuse started off with adderrall and when we took that away about 2 months ago, she started taking anything around the house she could find to give her the high. At the end, her doctor had given her Klinopin for anixiety to be taken as needed. A week ago she took over 50 pills in a 12 hour time span. I guess right now if there were some information anyone could give a mom worried about her daughter in Rehab and what to expect when she gets out. (she should be there for 28 days)
Thanks,
Madonna
Old 06-20-2006, 03:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Go to Naranon.com/forum, post this message there, go to naranon meetings, find a sponser! You will find it extremely helpful if you apply the naranon formula to your life!

You can feel peace.........Love, Debbie
Old 06-21-2006, 09:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Putting it all together

Originally Posted by madonna88
Today, I was searching for information for support for families with children that are drug addicts. Last week I couldn't have said that so easy. I wouldn't have believe that I would have been saying that. We talked my 18 year old daughter into admitting herself for treatment for drug abuse last Wed. Her abuse started off with adderrall and when we took that away about 2 months ago, she started taking anything around the house she could find to give her the high. At the end, her doctor had given her Klinopin for anixiety to be taken as needed. A week ago she took over 50 pills in a 12 hour time span. I guess right now if there were some information anyone could give a mom worried about her daughter in Rehab and what to expect when she gets out. (she should be there for 28 days)
Thanks,
Madonna
Madonna-The best thing I can tell you is what Debbie told you is GREAT-follow her instructions to the letter...take care of you, nobody else will....you sound overwhelmed......if you want to talk -my email address is [email protected] I will be glad to listen......Kahlia.....Been clean 5 years
Old 06-21-2006, 09:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Madonna,

We have many moms here going through the same thing.

Here is a link to our nar-anon forum. There are a lot of sticky posts on the top of the forum with lots of information.

Hugs

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/nar-anon/
Old 06-09-2007, 03:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Does her rehab a family program? We have a family night on Monday nights (Alanon meeting) and on Wednesdays there is an education night along with another Alanon type meeting. Our rehab also runs a GRACE program. It is a 13 week program for codependents (many addicts/alcoholics start out as codependents and I needed to address codie issues along with my addiction.

Many of the spouses and loved ones in our family program contact their A's counselor who usually points them in a good direction.

Rehab saved.my.life. I am 33 and didn't begin to abuse drugs until I was about 30.