Notices

August 2005

Old 06-14-2006, 06:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

August 2005

I first found SR in August of 2005. I was at my one year mark in sobriety and was feeling really out of sorts. My disease was trying to tell me that I was really ok if I could go a year without a drink. My emotions were all over the place and my mind just wouldn't shut up.

Through SR I almost have another year sober, I get to do 12th step work which helps me while hopefully helping others, I learn things and I get to be reminded of where I came from in the newcomers as well as where I want to go in the oldtimers.

Also, I've been through some pretty hard times since I've been here with the loss of a relationship and the death of my first sponsor to this disease and the loving people at SR have reached out and helped in so many ways, whether offering support, advice or a loving kick in the butt LOL!

Thank you SR for making my sober time that much richer!

Hugs,
Kellye
Old 06-16-2006, 11:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

As I am only in my 3rd day of sobriety, I can only imagine how you were feeling. I will probably be thinking the same thing at my one year mark. I am glad you are here and able to let us know that we can get through all things. Thanks for sharing and congrats on almost 2 YEARS!!! You are my inspiration.
Old 06-17-2006, 06:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Crystal, thank YOU and congratulations on your 3 (now 4!) days sober. I have a lot of respect for those early in sobriety cause I remember how hard that was for me. When I got sober, I couldn't imagine 24 hours sober, much less a week, month, year etc.

We all have the same amount of sobriety each day - 24 hours and that is truly all that matters.

Keep up the great work!

Hugs,
Kellye
Old 09-04-2006, 11:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My disease was trying to tell me that I was really ok if I could go a year without a drink
Yeah every time I stop for a bit I am like that except its like a few days and then I think "normal people drink a couple times a week" and here we go again...For the first time I feel like I have a 5 day start on recovery, not a break that gives me an excuse. But I guess that is dangerous ground too!

I really appreciate your support and PM. I wish you all the best.