Notices

I Was Drunk and Confused

Old 03-18-2006, 08:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Hopefully Healing Up

I Was Drunk and Confused

I found this wonderful site about two years ago with a case in my belly and one in my hand. After reading many posts it started to don on me that I was not alone and that there might be something better than my behavior at the time. Maybe I really did have a problem as most of these people sounded just like me. I just read for a few days and finally decided to give it a shot. I put the bottle down for awhile, about three months to be exact and then picked up again. Six months later I came back, three months later went to the beer aisle again...see a pattern yet? Anyway, was out there for quite awhile last time but still checked in from time to time. When I seen friends here still posting about me, how I was missed and they hoped I was ok, kinda hit me in the ribs so I did what most alkies will do, stopped reading. Got a DWI two weeks ago and said "thats it", I cannot do this alone but something has got to give as I quit, period. Came back here and decided to do my first face to face AA meeting last week. Sober for four days and counting. If it were not for this place and the wonderful people, I would never have had the courage to face my addiction and go to AA. I now attend everday, just as I do here.
Thank God for SR!! Thanks from the bottom of my heart Jon and all the very special friends here!
Old 04-10-2006, 06:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thumbs up drunk and confused

Dear drunk and confused.. I been there to and I find this interesting how there is a pattern but the endeing result is even better.. staying sobier..
thanks