Notices

My first time

Old 09-21-2005, 05:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My first time

Hey- I'm a newcomer and just saying hi to all of you. I'm thankful I found this site as I am a pretty isolated person regarding my nasty little monkey of drinking... it has fleas from time to time as well... very annoying.. anyway I have been a pretty dmn good functioning alcoholic for quite a few years now. I attended rehab in 1998. It was a freedom of my soul so to speak at the time. It's amazing when you realize you aren't a freak but instead a great person with a problem. Actually, hanging with other "freaks" and great people from all walks of life was something I never imagined. Our secret was out and there was no hiding. That was the best part... no more hiding. Honesty was the forefront and that had not been the case in a long while... What I discovered was liberty knowing I was not alone along with knowledge of what drinking booz really meant to my body, mind and guts of my soul... It fragmented well... me. Romantically it's my favorite friend and partner. Bottom line- it feels good when everything else really doesn't. But it lies and betrays and is very crooked. Worst, it made me lie to myself and sometimes still does... romantically though and in sweet voices... So here I am. Last week I went under and hadn't in a very very long time. Though I still drank a little almost everyday, I drank this time literally all night because of stress-stress-stress- recently piling up on me for many various reasons. I'm a professional and sh!t- I never went to bed and had to be at work in 2 hours. I was almost arrogant enough to go in anyway...DRUNK. Called in sick which disqusted me worse than the state I was in already. Worse- called my Mom DRUNK. Looks like the flea scratching primate beared it's over sized gums and laughed in my face. Yes my secret was out...again. So here I am for the first time. Being honest with you all and for you all... Thank you for being here. I found this site looking for an AA meeting. Glad I found it. Peace and prayers
Old 09-21-2005, 05:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Dreaming tree welcome to SR

You will probably find more feed back for your posts on The Recovery boards.
Keep posting and reading, there's lots of support here.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dan

Welcome Dreamingtree.
Great username

Susane's right.
Hop over to the newcomer forum, or any of the other ones.
Glad you're here.
Old 09-24-2005, 10:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks- I'll check out the "newcomer site".... Just got back on after dodging 2 bullets in the past couple days. -First one was hurricane Rita which was projected to hit the galveston coast head on. The second one was the fact I didn't load up on booz when in fact I knew most likely I would be locked in doors for days during the hurricane and aftermath. I knew the stores would be closed for days and it took a lot not buying the sh!t! Thanks for the welcome. I actually didn't think anyone replied. Peace and prayers to my humanoids in Louisiana who are feeling Rita's wrath. God bless you all.