Notices

Because I was PISSED OFF!!!!!

Old 08-25-2005, 03:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I'm an addict.

Because I was PISSED OFF!!!!!

I had gotten clean and stayed clean for a month or so and when I went back to work, I surfed around trying to find as many recovery related websites I could and bookmark them. I found SR somehow and lurked here for a week or so till I had a situation come up that really pissed me off. I was having problems with my old roomates not wanting to leave my house and I had to share it with some one, so I decided to post it here. (I didn't really like or trust my sponsor at the time, but you all helped convince me later that I should switch..)

My use of SR since them hasn't really deviated much from that first post, I have a problem, I post it, I get feedback, I post more, I get more feedback, I accept my part in the situation, I feel better...(usually)

I am so greatful for SR, this is a place where so many different views on recovery can converge and all you get is the principles, the anonymity of the internet has trully take the personalities out of the equation.

I love SR, it is one of my big guns on my recovery tool belt.

Thanks to everyone that has helped me since I came here.

-Blake
Old 08-26-2005, 10:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Blake,

glad you're on here posting.

I chaired the meeting last nite at my home group. I chose the topic anger. 1 letter short of danger.

We can choose to be angry or not. Getting serenity in AA has given me this option.

Life goes a lot better with a smile then a frown.

You posting on here gives you a way to vent off your anger in a positive manner.