Notices

This Codie Is Grateful

Old 08-15-2005, 09:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

This Codie Is Grateful

I found SoberRecovery quite by accident almost 3 1/2 years ago, when it was much smaller than today, but already the magic was here. I had never been in a chat room or on a message board in my life, clicked on something and somehow ended up in the chat room here that was empty except for Smoke Gets In My Eyes (Smoke), who was just cleaning up a little. She talked to me and sent me to the boards, and I've never left them.

I am the mother of an addict, and was probably at my all-time low when I got here, even though I had been going to CoDA and learning to work the 12 steps. I met some other moms, also newbies, named Morning Glory and JT, and Debbie and Paulie and Margo, and together we stumbled around trying to find a better life and they taught me to laugh again, mostly at myself, and to have hope, for myself and for my son.

SoberRecovery has been one of the greatest gifts of my recovery. There is a magic here, and we are family, no matter how big we grow. I have made so many wonderful friends, addict and anon alike, and I have learned that we may have each come here from a different path, but today we walk this road of recovery together, side by side, helping each other along when we stumble and encouraging one another when we are just too exhausted to take one more step. We laugh together, and cry together, share our best days and our worst, and we share our hearts.

Today I live well, I am happy and at peace and the credit goes to the house that Jon built and all those who dwell within.

I'm grateful, Jon, for all the wonderful things you have done here and for all the love and support I have found here. I love you, dear friend.

Hugs
Ann
Old 08-15-2005, 10:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

ANN,

thanks for sharing from the other side of the room
Old 08-16-2005, 02:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good Morning Ann,

I almost never get on SR this early in the morning, BUT i saw your post and
I just have to tell you how much I enjoyed reading it. (DITTO, DITTO) on
everything you wrote.

I too am grateful for SR (thanks Jon), it has been a life saver for me. I love the support from everyone and especially you Ann. You have been an inspiration for me. I have become to love everyone and look forward to coming here every
day!

Hugs and Blessings,
DW