Notices

Wow

Old 08-15-2005, 08:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Wow

Like a kid in a candy store. I wasn't even looking for an AA site. I googled for an inspiration site. There was Chris's thread Please Read for Inspiration. What's the odds of that Chris, myself and Christie all posting on the same thread looking for stories to give hope.

I was impressed by the flow of people from all over the world coming onto this site. AA across the globe. How great is that? Making friends with Indigo in France, Nogard in Austrailia and Ice Cream Pete in the UK.

This gives me hope that, we all want to be free of drugs and alcohol. Sharing love and ESH from all over the world.

I had over 5 years in AA when, I found this site last year. I was tod, to keep it you have to give it away. I'm here to tell you, life will get better. Don't quit before the miracle happens.

I can't begin to say enough for this site. Staying close to this site helps keep me sober and gives me a purpose sharing with the newcommer.

This keeps us humble, I think I've got a bad day and someone on here can always top it and tell us they didn't drink. Sometimes, when everything is bad, that's all we can say we didn't drink.

To the newcommer, AA and this site won't make 1 single problem go away. Life is a series of peaks and valleys. AA and this site will help give you the tools to meet your problems head on.

You can live a life free of drugs and drinking. I've been doing it for almost 6 years after being a total burnout for 30 years. If, I can do it so can you.

Do what ever it is to not pick up that day, call someone, pray, post on here. You are somebody, someone loves you we care about you on here.

HERE'S 2 ANOTHER 24

THANK YOU SOBER RECOVERY
Old 09-06-2005, 10:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

The day I found SR I had managed to crawl out of bed sick and tired weary of my life and desperate to change, I searched for help and stumbled into SR. I read some posts and knew I had found the right place. I found unconditional friendship, support, caring and lots of good non judgemental people and we were all in the same/similar situation. SR is my life raft I can say that had I not climbed on I would now be dead, instead I am alive sober happy and have lots of truly amazing and wonderful friends.
May all your God's and HP's bless you.

love indigo PS: I have also discovered a lot of you are keeping secrets...but I am now going to out you all......YOU ARE ANGELS......ssshhhh!
Old 09-06-2005, 11:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

sorrry Chris I'd been reading your post and forgot to post mine seperately oops!!!

hugs Annie