Notices

Where was I when I found this forum...

Old 10-11-2020, 03:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Steph in Windsor

Where was I when I found this forum...

I was in bed this morning, at 7:15am, not nursing a hangover for a change. It's been a week since I've had alcohol and I'm really surprised and delighted with myself. 7

But this afternoon, my family and i did a pretty big overhaul on our garage. It was an absolute disaster, with but a cluttered tiny path leading from the laundry room garage door to the outside side door. Totally foul. A hoarder's nightmare, not a dream. But yesterday I made a plan to add all the junk and trash to the side yard for someone to come haul away and we totally killed it. We all feel accomplished and about 400 lbs lighter.

that said, after we were done, husband went to the kitchen and made a cocktail. I poured a sparkling water. All i could think about was taking just ONE shot of vodka. i'm not a cocktail drinker unless i'm out for dinner. At home, it's shots. With wine. I seriously thought, "what's one shot? totally easy peasy." but - if I have one, what's the point? why not just have another? It's 3:15pm and i've enjoyed 8 sober hours of this day so far, and have about another 8 to go.

I grabbed my laptop and retreated to my bedroom, where i'm farthest away from the alcohol. All those red exes on my calendar. Would be a shame to have a blank spot in between them just for a stupid shot of vodka, which very potentially could lead to several more.

Not sure if I'm using this thread correctly, or if it landed where I intended it to. I was posting to the "where were you when you found sober recovery." At least, that's what my intention was.

Thanks for reading, and for being here!
Old 10-11-2020, 04:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you for talking yourself out of the "reward" of one shot of vodka. Like you, for me one means 40 which means here I go again. It is weird to me how even though it meant disaster I still chased that little sparkle that first drink would give me.
Old 10-11-2020, 10:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Steph in Windsor

Arrow

Thanks, GettingCloser! You're my first reply, and I can't tell you how good it feels to know someone has heard me. Your reply means a lot to me. It has been a day of many accomplishments, and I'm proud of myself for each and every one.