Notices

Heading For Jail

Old 05-15-2007, 10:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Heading For Jail

I have never been a big drinker, as i never liked feeling bad the next day. But i Still would continue to drink from time to time. Mostly as a socal deal, to relax, and be with friends.

Well i Can go forever without drinkin, and i never felt i had an issue.. I was wrong!

I Dont have an issue with binge drinking, and i dont get withdrawls, or a watery mouth over the thought. At this point in my life the thought of drinking makes my stomich hurt!

Turned 21, and went with friends a couple times and drank, probably more then i should have. But as a driver, i shouldnt have! Being 21 i felt i had this key to the city and i can now go behind the locked doors that i never got to experance in my past.

3rd time out i go to head home, and get pulled over for dui!

I have some friends who had delt with this so they shoot me a number to a great lawyer (for an ever greater price) Well 2 months later i decide, shoot i can drink im not additced... Well.. Red and blues. Im sitting at 21 and i have 2 duis. Well for the money on the layer i get them dropped, first to just a wreckless, and the second to a neg driving. (but theres a catch) Its a slow release neg.

So i take a 6 month class and stay clean for a year, and dont really give it any thought. Well this last weekend i drink for the first time since the last, and what happend?? i Get pulled over again!!!
So im 22 years old, and im gonna go to jail.

I still feel i am not an aditct, but very unlucky. But the pain from this is teaching me to make the decision, with good reason!

I can never drink again!

Everytime i wake up with a hangover that lasts years to come. And all i can think about is how quickly i am flushing my life away. I just want this all to be done but its not going away anytime soon, and im stuck re-living these moments for the rest of my life!

AHHHHH!!!
Old 05-16-2007, 02:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Dude!

whats up! that sucks!

i was drinking and driving at 15 years old,so i had allot of practice by the time i was 21.

you are so unlucky.like getting life in prison for a joint kind of unlucky . that is so expensive,and you insurence is going to be so expensive.

man you are going to need to get a bycicle.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That sucks, What were you thinking?
I agree with carl you better by a bike.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Have one!

Ha, i have a bike, but thats not gonna solve any problems. I just cant drink and drive ever. With my luck there is no "ah ill make it home"

Its always red and blues! im thinkin im just learnin a lesson eairly in life so it stops me from killing my self or someone else in the future. But MAN O MAN it sucks.

I spoke with my lawyer, im gonna take a differed on the most recent one so in 5 years or wihatever it will be "gone"

But the second i have to eat **** on. 90 days is the max and i dont see myself missin a day of it. Well see. Only time shall tell.

All i know is its not worth it to me atall!!! I am 22 years old, and have a great career going, and i need to stop kicking my self down!

Moral of the story... I AM MY WORST ENEMY!! and i need to watch my back..ha
Old 05-16-2007, 08:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

well good luck,
And don't drop the soap.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support bro...

If anyone tryed to touch me ever.. i would end em
Old 05-17-2007, 06:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
PDX

Hi,
I don't want to sound overly critical, but I don't think it has anything to do with luck. And, your screen name, playaforiife, speaks volumes about where you are at in your life. I have an 18 year old son, and he is operating in the same territory. I wish you well, but it has nothing to do with luck.
--
PDX
Old 05-17-2007, 09:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yeah, i totally understand you reading the book by the cover, as most americans do. playaforiife has been my screan names since i was 9 years old, and refers to baseball..

Yeah, i decided not to stress out. And learn no more BS. I have huge goals i need to tackel, and only myself can stop me.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Sounds like you will be using your time to think how your thinking got you where you are. The smartest men learn from their mistakes. best wishes for a life free of legal problems in the future.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:04 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Spritual Seeker View Post
The smartest men learn from their mistakes. best wishes for a life free of legal problems in the future.
I agree. You are young. Learn from this, and have a great rest of your life.
You can do it!
Old 05-18-2007, 06:36 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

playa
im thinkin im just learnin a lesson eairly in life so it stops me from killing my self or someone else in the future.
great think'n...

i was one of the drivers that drove for years and years higher then high... thought i was a good driver too... skirted by with no major consiquences...

how i never killed anyone or myself... The Powers That Be i guess...

playa.. think of it this way... "every time you drink, you break out in handcuffs"

the jail bit blows, just... it is what it is tho...

wish'n you all the future best...

xxoo, rz
Old 05-18-2007, 11:51 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Playa I was a little hard on you.
I have alot of nerve saying anything about driving drunk. I did it everytime I drove. I never did anything sober and that includes driving.
How much time did you get?
Do you know yet? I know where I live if it is you first offense it is 6 months.
You would only do 4 with goodtime.
I did time for possesion. Time drags, but you will be OK. As long as you get less than a year you will stay in county. That is a hell of alot better than going to prison.
Just try and stay out of the way, but dont back down.
When I went to jail I got up in the biggest inmates face and didnt back down, almost **** in my pants though. After that no one bothered me.
Good luck
Old 05-18-2007, 08:57 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Its undecided yet how much time ill get. I have a real good lawyer. Im farily sure its 90 days. My lawyor says ill probably get 45, then 45 house arrest. I asked her to try to bargin just 90 house arrest. ****, ill do 6 months house arrest. Just wanna sleep in my bed ya know.

She also said i could probably do work release, which would be cool, then i could get out go home take a shower eat some food, and head to my job.

Im a banker for a real huge bank, and i do real well. I dont wanna lose my job because of a dumb decision ya know.
Only time shall tell, and ill play it by ear.
No worries about being hard on me, i kinda needed a kick in the ass. Pain seems to be the best teacher. Seems to do the trick.

As for jail, i have done nighters and never had an issue. Usually just chill and play cards. Deffintly not were i wanna be tho. Ill let you all know what ends up comming of the whole deal.

Wish me luck, and i hope you all the best for whatever problems your facing, im sure you all have some, cause shoot.. Who doesnt? =)
Old 05-19-2007, 03:20 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Being in jail overnight and being there for a few months are alot different.

I hope you do get the opportunity to be under house arrest. That option wasnt there for me at the time.

From what I know about work release you dont get to go home. You just get to leave the jail to go to work and then at the end of the day oyu go back.
The perk is that you get to go outside.

Whatever happens I wish you the best.
Let us know how things are going.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:25 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

court on the 27th, wish me luck
Old 06-22-2007, 09:53 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

I wish you luck that you never get behing the wheel again after you've had a drink.
Yea you're lucky because if could have been a charge of vehicular manslaughter with a death. Yea you're lucky because you got caught and it got your attention. Yea you're lucky because you have a chance to turn your life around. I think you have all the luck you need.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:55 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I used, drove my car with my kids in it. No one was ever hurt but it could have happened very easily.

However, I used, drank and left the gas on the stove on. The police came, I was passed out. I am now looking at going through theraputic court. I will plead no contest. It is only a misdemeanor. I suffer from a chronic pain condition and cannot take pain meds for it, so I suffer. I could suffer worse though. I could lose my kids, lose my marriage and lose my life, I'll take the pain for now.

Luckily I will not have to serve any time. You may want to ask for theraputic court. I don't know if they would allow it in your case, but it is worth a try.

My thoughts are with you during this time.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:41 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
LEARNING TO LIVE AGAIN

Wink Just be thankful

Be thankful you learned you need to quit after 3 duis I was in the same boat it took me 4 more to wake up and smell the Jail for 6 months before I quit but I know if it wasnt for the judge leaving me in jail that last night of drinking I would of never quit I have been sober now 2 and 1/2 years and I am just glad I am around to help others and tell people there is life after Jail. hopefully there is a good support group in the jail your going to It was my escape from the hell that was locked up in that place with me.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:42 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I drank and drove for years and never had a DUI. Sometimes I use to almost wish I'd get pulled over so I could end the insanity. One DUI and my family, friends and co-workers would have been in an uproar. My drinking days would have ended right there. Instead, it wasn't until I was 48, totally depressed and missing out on what should be a wonderful life that I realized I had to do something NOW!

That was over 3 years ago and have been sober since. However, I know in my mind that I missed out on so many great moments. I try not to dwell on it and instead, enjoy everyday. (Well, almost everyday. Life does tend to have it's ups and downs.)

Good luck. As awful as 3 DUI's are, I think you might look back on it as a blessing in disguise.

jane
Old 07-20-2022, 02:00 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

15 years later

I made one post on this forum, a very long time ago. Every year I get a happy birthday email from this website and finally decided to recall what brought me here.

Its painful to read my op and all my replies.

I never got anymore duis. I did have a 5 year addiction to opiates starting sometime shortly after this.
Life was difficult and I kept making **** decisions after **** decisions.

I finally got off pills in 2010 after being kicked out of a 60 day treatment center on day 45 for being high from some snuck in **** from my roommate.

After that i began to grow up. I handled all my warrents. Got into oxford house in a distant city where I had no connects.

Worked on getting a job, and worked on myself. Fitness was huge before it all and became important again. I took getting a quality job serious working anything in the mean time. Worked on my credit and trying to make write all the friends I screwed. I didn't follow any steps, just my heart.

15 years later i own a house, have an education, amazing career, convertibles, truck, motorcycle. Stellar credit. I don't mess with opiates and I don't turn my back to problems.

This post is for me in another 15 years. But for anyone reading, understand our choices can really hurt. Us, those around us, and any stranger in our way.

To get better you have to dig deep and really make a decision. Get things back in your life that are important that you are unwilling to
sacrifice.

Stay positive and stop wasting time.

LIfe is incredible.

Originally Posted by playaforiife View Post
I have never been a big drinker, as i never liked feeling bad the next day. But i Still would continue to drink from time to time. Mostly as a socal deal, to relax, and be with friends.

Well i Can go forever without drinkin, and i never felt i had an issue.. I was wrong!

I Dont have an issue with binge drinking, and i dont get withdrawls, or a watery mouth over the thought. At this point in my life the thought of drinking makes my stomich hurt!

Turned 21, and went with friends a couple times and drank, probably more then i should have. But as a driver, i shouldnt have! Being 21 i felt i had this key to the city and i can now go behind the locked doors that i never got to experance in my past.

3rd time out i go to head home, and get pulled over for dui!

I have some friends who had delt with this so they shoot me a number to a great lawyer (for an ever greater price) Well 2 months later i decide, shoot i can drink im not additced... Well.. Red and blues. Im sitting at 21 and i have 2 duis. Well for the money on the layer i get them dropped, first to just a wreckless, and the second to a neg driving. (but theres a catch) Its a slow release neg.

So i take a 6 month class and stay clean for a year, and dont really give it any thought. Well this last weekend i drink for the first time since the last, and what happend?? i Get pulled over again!!!
So im 22 years old, and im gonna go to jail.

I still feel i am not an aditct, but very unlucky. But the pain from this is teaching me to make the decision, with good reason!

I can never drink again!

Everytime i wake up with a hangover that lasts years to come. And all i can think about is how quickly i am flushing my life away. I just want this all to be done but its not going away anytime soon, and im stuck re-living these moments for the rest of my life!

AHHHHH!!!