What did alcohol take from you? - Page 4 - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Go Back   SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information >
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2019, 05:04 PM   #61 (permalink)
Addy

Alcohol took away my well settled life... My girlfriend whom I loved and my stability.

I stumble home every evening. The neighbors complain on me... So sometimes I just don't come home until early morning !
Addy2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Addy2204 For This Useful Post:
AAPJ (09-04-2019), Bailey3 (08-26-2019), Opivotal (08-10-2019)
Old 08-26-2019, 07:42 AM   #62 (permalink)

Alcohol has taken SO much away from me, writing it down I feel INSANE to have gone back to drinking. As I posted in my intro post, I've recently relapsed and have been isolating at night drinking wine 4/5 nights per week, sometimes to blackout. I rationalize that it's because my mom recently died, or because I'm lonely with my kids at school, or because a 3 year relationship ended. I could go on and on but the point is NOTHING is ever made better under the influence. Thankfully I'm here now trying to get control over this pattern and haven't hurt anyone but myself YET. In the past I've hurt plenty.

In 2012 I got 2 DUI's and lost my license for 4 months and then had an interlock for 3 years. Humiliating for my children and I am SO lucky I didn't go to jail. Because this was during a divorce, my exH (rightly so) petitioned the court for custody and was granted 6 months of full custody and I had visitation after being a stay at home mom for years. Horrible.

I got so drunk at airports I wasn't allowed on flights. Missed a family event.

I've fallen down stairs, blacked out and said cruel things...I could go on and on and I know if I don't stop now ALL of these things or more will happen again. It doesn't get better. How is it that we can forget these horrible moments when we yearn for the very temporary relaxation alcohol brings?
Sober13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sober13 For This Useful Post:
AAPJ (09-04-2019), Angel5921 (09-04-2019), Bailey3 (08-26-2019), Opivotal (08-26-2019)
Old 09-04-2019, 03:22 AM   #63 (permalink)

Confidence

It took away my confidence and makes me feel worthless and it got worse over the years because of the guilt I felt from binging.

Kind of did the exact opposite of what I thought it was doing.

I have vowed that drinking is over for me.

I accept myself for who I am and accept my past.
Angel5921 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Angel5921 For This Useful Post:
AAPJ (09-04-2019), Bailey3 (09-06-2019), Opivotal (11-20-2019)
Old 09-04-2019, 03:26 AM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sober13 View Post
Alcohol has taken SO much away from me, writing it down I feel INSANE to have gone back to drinking. As I posted in my intro post, I've recently relapsed and have been isolating at night drinking wine 4/5 nights per week, sometimes to blackout. I rationalize that it's because my mom recently died, or because I'm lonely with my kids at school, or because a 3 year relationship ended. I could go on and on but the point is NOTHING is ever made better under the influence. Thankfully I'm here now trying to get control over this pattern and haven't hurt anyone but myself YET. In the past I've hurt plenty.

In 2012 I got 2 DUI's and lost my license for 4 months and then had an interlock for 3 years. Humiliating for my children and I am SO lucky I didn't go to jail. Because this was during a divorce, my exH (rightly so) petitioned the court for custody and was granted 6 months of full custody and I had visitation after being a stay at home mom for years. Horrible.

I got so drunk at airports I wasn't allowed on flights. Missed a family event.

I've fallen down stairs, blacked out and said cruel things...I could go on and on and I know if I don't stop now ALL of these things or more will happen again. It doesn't get better. How is it that we can forget these horrible moments when we yearn for the very temporary relaxation alcohol brings?

Girl, it CAN and WILL only get better. You are 100% right - NOTHING good ever comes from alcohol and it never ever will. Everyday is a new day!! A chance to start over.... No matter how many times youve said youd stopped doesnt matter, aslong as you try again until you succeed!!
Angel5921 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Angel5921 For This Useful Post:
AAPJ (09-04-2019), Bailey3 (09-06-2019), Opivotal (11-20-2019)
Old 11-19-2019, 07:39 AM   #65 (permalink)

It took away someone who I feel was the love of my life. It has robbed him of having the amazing life he could have had; the wife and kids he had always dreamt of (with or without me). I fear he still has a few more years of self destruction sadly.
Kokoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Kokoro found treatment at None (N/A)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kokoro For This Useful Post:
Bailey3 (11-19-2019), least (11-19-2019), Opivotal (11-20-2019)