Notices

98 days sober today.

Old 11-09-2017, 07:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

98 days sober today.

I haven't posted since before day 80. I was having severe anxiety. That eems to have cut down. I also have some difficult days approaching. The birthdays i f loved ones that have passed on and I'm looking for any advice to get through this. I used to drink to shove the feelings aside so any advice is welcome. Thank you so much.
Old 11-09-2017, 07:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats soulcoughedream

D
Old 11-09-2017, 07:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 98 days, soulcoughedream. I'm happy to hear your anxiety has cut down some. As far as the upcoming Birthdays ... I know they are difficult Their love prints are forever in your heart. Pull them out on their special day and be thankful for the gift they left for you. Do something special to honor their memory. Something that brings you joy.
Old 11-10-2017, 09:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Way to go soulcoughedream! Congratulations on your 98 days! Big achievement already!
Old 11-11-2017, 07:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wootwoot 98 days is amazing!
Old 11-12-2017, 01:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

First, 98 (now several more, I hope!) is outstanding. For me, I noticed a lot of things shift- forward- around 100 days is many areas of my life. I too have anxiety and am really glad it is easing some for you.

About the special occasions, tough occasions...anticipation....it IS hard. Plain and simple. For me, a particular example was Thanksgiving last year - for multiple reasons, it is a dreaded and emotionally loaded WEEK for me!- and I had to come up with a plan surrounding family events, spending time, and use the support from my fiance. Is there anyone who can be a partner with you getting through these tough things?

Permission to leave any situation that gives me angst, threatens my emotional sobriety, and the like is a tool and part of that kind of plan I mentioned that I STILL use as needed, here at going on 21 mo of sobriety.

Take care of yourself first- and it's hard that part of that does mean dealing with the sad and difficult stuff in life (for me, some of last year and even this year, surfaced for me to handle for the first time in YEARS!), is part and parcel to recovery.

Keep going!!
Old 11-12-2017, 03:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

AND be aware of the post-milestone dip. My AV is often very boisterous at that point. Good luck.
Old 11-12-2017, 05:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
First, 98 (now several more, I hope!) is outstanding. For me, I noticed a lot of things shift- forward- around 100 days is many areas of my life. I too have anxiety and am really glad it is easing some for you.

About the special occasions, tough occasions...anticipation....it IS hard. Plain and simple. For me, a particular example was Thanksgiving last year - for multiple reasons, it is a dreaded and emotionally loaded WEEK for me!- and I had to come up with a plan surrounding family events, spending time, and use the support from my fiance. Is there anyone who can be a partner with you getting through these tough things?

Permission to leave any situation that gives me angst, threatens my emotional sobriety, and the like is a tool and part of that kind of plan I mentioned that I STILL use as needed, here at going on 21 mo of sobriety.

Take care of yourself first- and it's hard that part of that does mean dealing with the sad and difficult stuff in life (for me, some of last year and even this year, surfaced for me to handle for the first time in YEARS!), is part and parcel to recovery.

Keep going!!
Yes I have a wonderful SO, but I also get concerned if I lean in him too much. This is not something he has ever said to me, it is just a feeling I have inside and another reason that I post here, so as not to burden people in my life. I have been on my own from a young age and am learning how to be okay with needing help.
Old 11-12-2017, 05:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good advice

Originally Posted by Downthepath View Post
AND be aware of the post-milestone dip. My AV is often very boisterous at that point. Good luck.
I had a pretty milestone dip around almost 80 days and had to focus energy into sobriety because I almost slipped.
Old 11-12-2017, 05:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Edit*

Originally Posted by soulcoughedream View Post
I had a pretty milestone dip around almost 80 days and had to focus energy into sobriety because I almost slipped.
Pre-milestone*
Old 11-12-2017, 05:34 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Sounds like....

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post

Keep going!!
....having a plan is the key. I will work on that this week. Thank you so much.
Old 11-12-2017, 05:35 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Yay!

Originally Posted by reflag View Post
Way to go soulcoughedream! Congratulations on your 98 days! Big achievement already!
Thank you!! I am proud if myself but I want take it in gracefully and be mindful this is still a journey that I'm learning to maneuver
Old 11-12-2017, 05:41 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Some days were better than others...

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
congrats soulcoughedream

D
But yes...I've made it this far. Thank you
Old 11-12-2017, 05:43 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Well said

Originally Posted by Opivotal View Post
Congratulations on 98 days, soulcoughedream. I'm happy to hear your anxiety has cut down some. As far as the upcoming Birthdays ... I know they are difficult Their love prints are forever in your heart. Pull them out on their special day and be thankful for the gift they left for you. Do something special to honor their memory. Something that brings you joy.
I will try this and keep you posted.
Old 11-12-2017, 05:44 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Woot woot!

Originally Posted by nsyap View Post
Wootwoot 98 days is amazing!
Thank you for being so encouraging. I needed that.
Old 11-12-2017, 05:45 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

:)

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
congrats soulcoughedream

D
Thanks D. It means a lot.